Customer Service 866.965.0400

What size backing plate for adams pads

delemanior

Question

I have a Griots 6in dual action polisher. I would like to buy the Adams Polishes pad set and use them on this machine. I read somewhere you want the backing plate to be .5in smaller than the pad. I can only seem to find the 5in backing plate on the website. What is the correct backing plate for these pads and will it work with this polisher?

Steve

6 answers to this question

Measure your backing plate with a measuring tape. My old PC backing plate is exactly 5" 11/16 and it fits the new pads bang on. Anything more like 5" 3/4 won't fit. Even though manufacturers say 6in it's probably a bit under

Edited by AvsBest

Kind of off topic, but while your at it pick up an Adams 4" backing plate and some 4" pads.  Makes a huge difference getting into tight areas.  You can use both with your polisher, just use a slightly lower speed with the 4".

Kind of off topic, but while your at it pick up an Adams 4" backing plate and some 4" pads.  Makes a huge difference getting into tight areas.  You can use both with your polisher, just use a slightly lower speed with the 4".

Question about this.  I see the backing plate and the pads are listed as 4".  The 4" bundle of pads says to use with a 3" backing plate but when you go to them individually it says to use with 4" backing plate.  Don't you want your plate a bit smaller than the pad?  Do they both measure 4" or is the backing plate closer to 3.5"?

Question about this.  I see the backing plate and the pads are listed as 4".  The 4" bundle of pads says to use with a 3" backing plate but when you go to them individually it says to use with 4" backing plate.  Don't you want your plate a bit smaller than the pad?  Do they both measure 4" or is the backing plate closer to 3.5"?

The 4" backing plates sold on the site are actually 3.25" on the face, and the Rupes Mini backing plate is 3" on the face.  They all fit the 4" pads Adam's sells - the pads are 4" in the foam face, but only 3" on the back where they attach to the backing plate.