Customer Service 866.965.0400

What are the right products/methods for me?

F82K

Question

Hello,

I want to start off by saying I am new to the detailing world (in a sense).

I have recently just purchased a BMW M4 which I am madly in love with. I decided to go with the Black Saphire Metallic paint because after seeing it in person... I had truly fallen in love with the color.

I have washed my previous cars in the past and have recently noticed that I have been doing it all wrong. I would like to wash the car frequently and correctly to keep the paint in good condition.

The downside for me is that I do not own a garage. I do drive the vehicle daily and she lives outside.

What products and washing methods would you recommend for someone who drives a dark colored car daily and wants to keep the paint looking healthy? I would like to not only wash the paint but protect it as well.

I'm sorry if this is too much to ask but I am at a complete stand still and was hoping someone could help me out a little. Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums. You have a difficult color to take care of. Clay the paint first, correct if needed then Always two bucket wash with Adams shampoo, use liquid paint sealant, and since you want to wash often, h2o guard and gloss to help extend the life of the paint sealant and give the car a nice pop of shine. Watch the videos on here to understand the technique to wash safely and the correct way of using some of the best detailing products available from Adams polishes.

I'm sure others will chime in with some more info.

Edited by 07r/t

Hi Kevin, Welcome to AF. Best advice I can give you is to scroll up and start watching the video's. Focus on proper washing technique and then H2O G&G topped with paste wax should get you started  :2thumbs:

Can't go wrong with black! Welcome to the forum and post some pics when u get a chance. Many people say black cars are a nightmare to care for, not the case for me as I drive a black dodge ram, wife a black jeep cherokee, and a black harley street glide. Proper 2 bucket wash, lay down some paint sealant, and h20 guard and gloss/detail spray to maintain the shine will keep the paint looking good. I have no problem keeping all 3 black vehicles in great shape, just have to be careful not introducing swirls as black shows imperfections easier than lighter colors, but once detailed correctly black paint is amazing!

I want to thank all of you so much. I've gone ahead and watched a ton of videos - all extremely helpful. I can't wait to start ordering some products and giving the car the wash she deserves.

I'm still undecided about getting into the machine polishing. I feel that it requires a lot of patience and its hard for me to come by lol.

Welcome Kevin.....I agree start watching the video's. Are you going to get into machine polishing? Owning a black car you are almost forced to. lol

Can't go wrong with black! Welcome to the forum and post some pics when u get a chance. Many people say black cars are a nightmare to care for, not the case for me as I drive a black dodge ram, wife a black jeep cherokee, and a black harley street glide. Proper 2 bucket wash, lay down some paint sealant, and h20 guard and gloss/detail spray to maintain the shine will keep the paint looking good. I have no problem keeping all 3 black vehicles in great shape, just have to be careful not introducing swirls as black shows imperfections easier than lighter colors, but once detailed correctly black paint is amazing!

Paint sealant with a monthly top op of H2O should do the trick. Watch most of Adam's videos specially the ones on washing method and daily drivers

Welcome to the forums. You have a difficult color to take care of. Clay the paint first, correct if needed then Always two bucket wash with Adams shampoo, use liquid paint sealant, and since you want to wash often, h2o guard and gloss to help extend the life of the paint sealant and give the car a nice pop of shine. Watch the videos on here to understand the technique to wash safely and the correct way of using some of the best detailing products available from Adams polishes.

I'm sure others will chime in with some more info.

Hi Kevin, Welcome to AF. Best advice I can give you is to scroll up and start watching the video's. Focus on proper washing technique and then H2O G&G topped with paste wax should get you started  :2thumbs:

Crack open the daily driver detailing video, and give this thread a read....

The "less obsessed" Adam's System

It's a start. 

Thank you all.