Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Americana - Left in the heat

PHOKUS

Question

My best friend, whom I recently introduced to Adam's, purchased some Americana and he stored it in his garage. His garage happens to get pretty hot. 

He removed the round label between the applicator and the wax for storage, and it appears about 1/3 of the wax has been absorbed into the applicator. Additionally, the wax inside has retreated from the edges of the container, and the wax is 'loose' inside the container.

In case anyone asks, I strongly urged him to store the wax in a cool place - but he did not heed my advice. He now agrees with my advice but wants the remaining wax to "stick" inside the container like it did when it was new.

Is it possible to heat the wax inside the container enough to put it into a liquid state to achieve what he wants to do? If so, could somone describe that process?

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

Yes. Fill a cooking pot with about 1" of water and float the Americana container in the water without the cover. The bottom of the Americana should just be in enough water so if is just off the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat on so the water starts to boil. Watch the wax container so water does not splash into it. You may need to adjust the temperature so that the boiling is not too aggressive. Americana Wax will liquefy, when completely liquid remove wax container from the water and let cool. Do not use a microwave or the oven to do this. By using the water it is applying indirect heat to the wax. I have done this several time with great results. 

Let him know not to store the applicator in the wax container after he opens it. I'm not sure if the wax is heated any would come out of the applicator, the applicator may continue to absorb more wax until it's completely saturated.

My best friend, whom I recently introduced to Adam's, purchased some Americana and he stored it in his garage. His garage happens to get pretty hot. 

He removed the round label between the applicator and the wax for storage, and it appears about 1/3 of the wax has been absorbed into the applicator. Additionally, the wax inside has retreated from the edges of the container, and the wax is 'loose' inside the container.

In case anyone asks, I strongly urged him to store the wax in a cool place - but he did not heed my advice. He now agrees with my advice but wants the remaining wax to "stick" inside the container like it did when it was new.

Is it possible to heat the wax inside the container enough to put it into a liquid state to achieve what he wants to do? If so, could somone describe that process?

Thanks!

Post #5

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/16962-is-my-americana-pretty-much-ruined-pic-inside/?hl=%2Bamericana+%2Bruined

Edited by LFairbanks