Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams products stain clothes?

Hello everyone I have a quick question.  My wife noticed a couple of months ago after I had washed some double soft towels as well as waterless wash towels that the next load she did came out with what appeared to be blotches or stains that looked to be of chemicals on some of our clothes.  I brushed it off as maybe there was something else in there that caused it....flash to today and the same thing happened.  Washed some waterless wash towels.  A couple of days later the wifey washed some more clothes and some new clothes ended up getting some kind of chemical stains on a few of her shirts....are these towels not supposed to be washed in the washer?  I hadn't read anything like that before....thanks for any help~Chris

Interesting.  I have not noticed anything like that on my end.

Just to put it out there, what "chemicals" were on your towels that you washed?  I'm almost thinking that maybe some of the items you removed from the car (road grime, bug guts, interior "grease", etc...) could have caused this.

Interesting.  I have not noticed anything like that on my end.

Just to put it out there, what "chemicals" were on your towels that you washed?  I'm almost thinking that maybe some of the items you removed from the car (road grime, bug guts, interior "grease", etc...) could have caused this.

Nothing out of the ordinary, the first wash with the double soft was just some Americana paste wax....and some waterless wash towels with some light dust on them....same with the second load.....just a few waterless wash towels with just some dust removed from the car.

I have not had any issues with waterless, Rinsless, and many other chemicals that i wash. Are you using the microfiber cleaner or regular laundry detergent, not sure if that would matter but I use a dedicated microfiber detergent. Try running a empty load with some vinegar through the washer, it will help with cleaning it anyways and you can score wife points there lol

I have not had any issues with waterless, Rinsless, and many other chemicals that i wash. Are you using the microfiber cleaner or regular laundry detergent, not sure if that would matter but I use a dedicated microfiber detergent. Try running a empty load with some vinegar through the washer, it will help with cleaning it anyways and you can score wife points there lol

I'll give that a try....I'm not using any kind of microfiber cleaner....just using plain ol' laundry detergent....not sure that should have a difference.

I like Dan also use dedicated MF cleaner and have not had any issues with there being stains on clothes, even clothes that were washed right after the MF towel load was done.  And this has been true with washing basically everything off the towels (Detail Spray, G&G, paste wax, buttery wax, LPS, etc etc.)  Give the vinegar a shot and maybe switch over to a dedicated cleaner and hopefully that alleviates the situation.

Do you have one of those stupid washing machines that do a full load with like 1 gallon of water to save the planet.

That may be the issue. You may need a second rinse on those newer machines to be sure the machine has all the wash residue out from the towels being cleaned.

Do you have one of those stupid washing machines that do a full load with like 1 gallon of water to save the planet.

That may be the issue. You may need a second rinse on those newer machines to be sure the machine has all the wash residue out from the towels being cleaned.

No lol and i always do a second rinse on my towels that i use for detailing no matter what....i will give the vinegar a try thanks for your input everyone....hopefully i'll be able to put the wifeys mind at ease :P