Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner after H2O G&G?

avimore

Question

Hi, wondering if I should clean all the exterior glass with Adam's Glass Cleaner after applying H2O G&G?

I'm thinking that this is an unnecessary step as doing so will strip the H2O protection, but just wanted to check.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Usually the only HGG I get on the windows is overspray. I don't like it because it always smears, so I always end up using Glass cleaner as a final step regardless, especially to get into the corners and the upper part of the windows. But I stripped and clayed all my windows not too long ago and applied the glass sealant all around, so I'm not sure HGG gives me any added protection anyways.

As Roger said the glass cleaner should not strip the G&G, I usually apply G&G about once a month on my car and then if need be (which is usually the case) use the glass cleaner for the last little bits to leave the glass spotless.  Now I can't speak for other brand glass cleaners and if those will react negatively with G&G but haven't had any issues with Adam's. 

Glass Sealant then H20 G&G, then Glass Cleaner when needed.

I hardly ever use wipers.

Key point, make sure your glass is stripped CLEAN. Might take 4-5 clay bar attempts. Use water to clay glass, not detail spray. Glass doesn't need lubricant like paint does - it's MUCH harder than clearcoat!

Thanks guys, good to know I can use Glass Cleaner over H2O G&G.

Glass Sealant then H20 G&G, then Glass Cleaner when needed.

I hardly ever use wipers.

Key point, make sure your glass is stripped CLEAN. Might take 4-5 clay bar attempts. Use water to clay glass, not detail spray. Glass doesn't need lubricant like paint does - it's MUCH harder than clearcoat!

Interesting idea on using water as a lubricant, will give that a try.  Do you just use the leftover water from the wash, or do you need to mist water on the glass before you clay?

What about using Glass Cleaner as a lubricant for claying glass?  I think I remember seeing Adam doing this on one of his videos.  

^^This!!! Did this as well. H20 on windows cleaned glass with glass cleaner then applied glass sealant then sprayed glass cleaner again to wipe off sealant... Result a lot of streaking on my windshield.

Not surprised this didn't work well. Glass Sealant should go on bare, clean glass. Not over H2OGG. I apply Glass Sealant after a strip wash and maintain it with Glass Cleaner.