Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st post - New Adam's User - Tire & Rubber cleaner review

tskanolan

Question

I'm new guy here, from the burbs of Chicago.  I've been a weekend warrior for the past 18yrs.  I was turned on to Adam's from the Obsessed Garage youtube page, and the Obsessed Garage Facebook group.  

I have always used APC, Powerclean 3:1 or Megs APC 4:1 in tires. I wanted to see how a dedicated cleaner worked. 

This is my 22yr of ski boat. The tire is new this year. It's in the water 2-3 times a week. It hasn't been cleaned or dressed in 4 weeks.

You'll see in the pics that the Megs APC was foaming white, so you'd think it's clean. I was blown away.

I'm officially a fan of a dedicate tire cleaner.

I also tried Adam's Rinseless, but didn't have time to document, I'll post a review on that soon.

Thanks for looking

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

9 answers to this question

I just got a bottle of that and tried it today too.  I haven't been happy with any of the tire cleaners I've tried, but this stuff seems to work quite well.  It's also the first time I tried the Tire Shine.  It goes on a bit shinier than I like for my Mazda 6 (I like how VRT looks initially), but I'll give it a day or two and I bet it will dull down.  However, on my white Z4, I prefer more shine, so I think it will work great there.  I do like the fact that it is a spray.  I very much prefer using towels to apply products than foam applicators.

I just got a bottle of that and tried it today too.  I haven't been happy with any of the tire cleaners I've tried, but this stuff seems to work quite well.  It's also the first time I tried the Tire Shine.  It goes on a bit shinier than I like for my Mazda 6 (I like how VRT looks initially), but I'll give it a day or two and I bet it will dull down.  However, on my white Z4, I prefer more shine, so I think it will work great there.  I do like the fact that it is a spray.  I very much prefer using towels to apply products than foam applicators.

Note on the Tire Shine that for a duller effect, use a sponge to apply the Tire Shine. Then use a MF towel to buff dry. It gives that new tire look without much shine. And on a CLEAN tire, it will last for a while, usually a couple of weeks. The cleaner the tire, the longer it lasts. And Tire & Rubber Cleaner is the best I have ever used to get my tires clean.

Edited by PHOKUS

Nice inboard!  Mastercraft?

Thanks, it's a Malibu Flightcraft.  We've had it for 5yrs, it's 22yrs old in total.  I re-upholstered the seats when we first got it.  Runs like new.  It's a great way to spend time with the family.