Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless towel care

08G8V8

Question

I have had a gallon of rinseless wash for awhile, but really haven't used it. I want to start doing rinseless washes. I'm curious what you guys do with your towels after a wash. If you use 6-8 towels for a wash, do you immediately wash them, or wait until you have more for a full wash? If you save them for a later wash, how do you let them dry without getting musty?

7 answers to this question

Same here. In fact, today I did a single load of 37 orange single soft towels representing 4 rinseless washes going back about 5 weeks. I use the microfiber revitalizer and keep restarting the wash cycle every 10 minutes so they get about an hour of agitated washing. I suggest doing an extra rinse cycle if you can. Tumble dry on low, don't over cook them, and they'll come out great.

I have had a gallon of rinseless wash for awhile, but really haven't used it. I want to start doing rinseless washes. I'm curious what you guys do with your towels after a wash. If you use 6-8 towels for a wash, do you immediately wash them, or wait until you have more for a full wash? If you save them for a later wash, how do you let them dry without getting musty?

I always wash my towels immediately after use, no matter how small a load I have. I need them ready at all times.

If my towels are WET, I wash them right away. Microfiber Revitalizer is great for keeping them clean.  And I toss them in the dryer with no dryer sheet.  Works well for me. 

They get a bit musty if they dry up but I wring them out completely so they are damp and they sit in my hamper in the garage until I have a full load (about 30-35 towels worth)

I rinse them, air dry, and save for a larger washing machine load.

^I don't rinse I just wring them out personally.

Same here. In fact, today I did a single load of 37 orange single soft towels representing 4 rinseless washes going back about 5 weeks. I use the microfiber revitalizer and keep restarting the wash cycle every 10 minutes so they get about an hour of agitated washing. I suggest doing an extra rinse cycle if you can. Tumble dry on low, don't over cook them, and they'll come out great.

Yes if you have extra rinse go for it - rinse and wash on Warm not hot, and use the "heavy" cycle -

I also like to let the towels sit soaking in the washer for an hour or so before starting the cycle with the lid open - obviously with a HE or side loader you can't do this.

Thanks for the responses.  I typically wash right away, no matter how small the load is, but figured if I bought more towels I wouldn't need to wash immediately so I wanted to know how most handle that situation.

I always do the extra rinse, but years ago I believe the Junkman was recommending the gentle/delicate cycle.....so that is what I've always done. 

This page should answer all your questions and more: http://adamspolishes.com/how-to-wash-microfiber-towels

I was just reading back over it last night. Maybe just leave them in a bucket with some MFR&B if you want to be extra careful. Probably not a huge deal with minimal dirt and Rinseless on them though.

6-8 wash towels plus glass cleaning towels and maybe 1 or 2 from wiping down the dash is enough for a small load. Personally I'd just toss them in the wash and not worry about them sitting around.