Customer Service 866.965.0400

What the heck is this on my glass???

PT3

Question

It keeps coming back.....? It's only on the drivers side window. It's on the outside. This happened on my GT3 before as well, though it was on the passenger side window.

I tried glass cleaner, waterless wash, Rinseless wash, distilled water, and isopro. Nothing works. It might go away for a period of time but ultimate comes back.

I'm at a complete loss! PLEASE HELP!!

post-12257-0-07269800-1472275490_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PT3

18 answers to this question

Is there something in the garage like fertilizer or anything of that nature? I detailed a very low mile Harley that was stored near fertilizer bags and the paint and aluminum were both oxidized.

Nope

Have you tried Clay or Revive? That might get you back to clear.

Before FD41160E-A630-4444-96CB-DB04C2207189.jpg

After 2E1C6B86-A2F1-4C2E-AFD5-172AA7B206D2.jpg

Have you tried Clay or Revive? That might get you back to clear.

My '16 Colorado came from the factory like that. It even had the marks from the suction cups stuck on the windshield they wouldn't come off no matter what I tried. Polished it like Chris did and it went away.

I haven't tried clay or Revive! I'll give that a try. Thanks guys!

Still curious what it is....

I would definitely polish the glass.  This should remove any haze/road grime/crud/film/contaminants/etc that 'normal' cleaning will not.

Clay it, polish it, clean with glass cleaner and call it a day!  (maybe seal it if you wish)

Let us know how you make out!

Edited by Sizzle Chest

I would definitely polish the glass.  This should remove any haze/road grime/crud/film/contaminants/etc that 'normal' cleaning will not.

Clay it, polish it, clean with glass cleaner and call it a day!  (maybe seal it if you wish)

Let us know how you make out!

Hey Scott - I tried clay. No go. Then used Revive. That did the trick! Thanks!

And thanks to all for the help!

Have a great weekend!

I realize this was already solved, but when I couldnt get mine to come clean after trying most of the Adams line, folks here recomended #0000 steel wool, and it did the trick in no time! I have used it on a few vehicles with great success, I have used detail spray and glass cleaner as a lube, the GC works better IMO. 

Hey Scott - I tried clay. No go. Then used Revive. That did the trick! Thanks!

And thanks to all for the help!

Have a great weekend!

Revive seems to be my go to product as soon as I see something that is not coming off like light water spots either on paint or glass. That stuff is amazing.

I realize this was already solved, but when I couldnt get mine to come clean after trying most of the Adams line, folks here recomended #0000 steel wool, and it did the trick in no time! I have used it on a few vehicles with great success, I have used detail spray and glass cleaner as a lube, the GC works better IMO.

Hey man....sharing more info even after resolved is A OK by me, brother.

Hey man....sharing more info even after resolved is A OK by me, brother.

I have actually found that with my daily driven truck that it makes it much easier to keep the glass clean to use the steel wool about 3-4 times a year to get all the road oils off. Due to the amount I have been picking up lately I have just come to using the glass cleaner twice a week and about every other week putting a light coat of glaze on the glass just because I have to clean it so often it would just wipe out the sealant. 

My brother is a BMW service manager and for the last 2 years they've been applying a clear film on the glass during transport that is removed at the US port, they've had hazing issues that they are trying to identify why it's happening. To him it seems most of the issues come from applying the film to dirty glass then being effected by the sun. Also another issue they have is from the sprinklers at the dealership lot. Anyway glad you found a solution!