Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash

TR6speed

Question

I cannot find the video on using the rinseless wash, but I remember that they used the double soft towels to first apply the product, then one to dry the area.  Why can I not simply use the standard waffle drying towel?  Is the video still available? I plan to do this tomorrow and I have not done it in some time so I just wanted to refresh myself.

6 answers to this question

Hey Jack,

Here is the direct youtube link to the video with the rinseless wash using the double soft towels.

I wouldn't say that you can't use the waffle weave towels, I would just say that the reason you want to use the double soft towels is because of the extra protection they offer courtesy of their thick/plushness. Also as mentioned in the video, because they hold a lot more liquid in them. 

Hopefully this helps refresh your memory! 

My (old) double soft towels sure hold a lot of liquid...but I'm not sure that is necessarily of any tangible advantage. The (old) single soft towels felt as safe as the double soft...actually my favorite between the two for this application.

I typically use the waffle weave waterless towel and pre-spray the panel liberally with 16:1 Rinseless. 

Edited by LT1xL82

Use a plush open nap towel (multiples if doing a GDWM) and then dry with a waffle weave. Should only need a small one like the 16x24 waterless towel to dry.

Single soft is perfect - the double softs you have to use a lot of liquid if using multiples because they soak a lot up. Many of us just use standard 300-400gsm all purpose towels as well. It's all about technique.

I've been doing this for 2+ years now and works perfect.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I live in the Midwest and salt season is right around the corner.  I would love to be able to wash vehicles in my garage with rinse less wash since I do not have hose access in my garage.  

Is this a decent product for salt?  Or should I just stick to the traditional wash in the winter?

I live in the Midwest and salt season is right around the corner.  I would love to be able to wash vehicles in my garage with rinse less wash since I do not have hose access in my garage.  

Is this a decent product for salt?  Or should I just stick to the traditional wash in the winter?

I live in the Midwest as well and deal with salt all the time. It really depends on how nasty the vehicle gets, for me it varies. If I look at the side of my black truck and can still reflection in it, then I will do a rinseless wash typically.  Any worse than that or I hit dirty snow I will stop at the local pay and spray and knock off as much as I can with high pressure and see where it gets me.  After knocking off as much as possible I would say about half the time I am able to do a rinseless wash and the other half a two bucket wash.  

I use it regularly all through the winter, because the exterior temps don't usually let me get the hose out -

Worst case scenario the coin op is 10 mins down the road, I'll go in the middle of the day and blast it down with the pressure washer since their water is warm -

Then come home and close the garage door and complete the rinseless wash in my garage - you will need a few more towels (usually I use 4-6, up that to about 8-9 in the winter), but you can absolutely do it just as safely, rinseless washing is all about technique -

Its nice to get warm water in the bucket too so you don't have to wear gloves (not hot) - also pick up a 1 gallon garden sprayer from Home Depot, makes pre soaking a breeze with warm water/rinseless solution!