Customer Service 866.965.0400

Timeframe for Keeping Rinseless Bottled

jakerodz7

Question

Happy Friday all,

I have started using more and more rinseless for keeping my car clean.  I watched the rinseless video and have been keeping the extra around for the next wash as DVK suggested.  However, I have noticed that the solution will generate a foul smell if it is capped and not agitated every day. I know there was also mention of it only being good for about 7 days which is fine.

I was wondering if this is the same situation with the rinseless pre-treat I keep in a bottle? I am going to carry some around for emergency in the 4 bottle red strap bag and am curious as to if I have to use it within 7 days? Or if I can keep it for longer if I haven't used it up by then?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks guys!

-Jacob

Edited by jakerodz7

6 answers to this question

I've talked to detailers who mixed up a polymer quick detailer concoction (another polymer rinseless brand popular in the industry and what Adam's is based on) and forgot about the gallon and came back years later and besides maybe losing color it was fine. If mixed with distilled or DI water it's absolutely Good for at least a year if not years. But most likely you will have used it by then :)

The pre treat is good to store since it has more polymer to keep the solution stable. At 1/2 oz per gallon rinseless dilution it is meant for washing and not long term storage because there isn't enough polymer in it to "keep" as its 98% water.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your input Jason!  :2thumbs:

I always have two bottles mixed up at 15:1 in a 16oz bottle. Mine is mixed with either distilled water or softened Reverse Osmosis filtered water, with never any issues with time. The only time I had a problem was with the color changing when mixed with straight tap water from my municipal supply.

I always have two bottles mixed up at 15:1 in a 16oz bottle. Mine is mixed with either distilled water or softened Reverse Osmosis filtered water, with never any issues with time. The only time I had a problem was with the color changing when mixed with straight tap water from my municipal supply.

That's awesome to hear! Thanks Dave for your input!