Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from CT!

jca1386

Hey Folks, just got back into the detailing world from a long time away and am excited to get going on the two family cars. 

I had a question: I have a new 2016 toyota tacoma and magnetic gray. I've put a coat of some walmart branded sealant as many new detailers have done and want to remove all that stuff from both of the family cars.  Is it safe to say i should strip wash, clay bar and then seal both cars?  They are both daily drivers that share garage time, they don't need to be show quality clean, I would just like them protected from harsh new england winters if at all possible and want to start with a good base. 

Thanks for any help and tips!

Joe

Welcome back to the detailing world. And most of all welcome to the Adams family.

Your plan sounds good. Strip wash, clay and seal them. For added protection, especially being in the wonderful northeast, I would add H2O guard and gloss for added protection, shine and gloss.

Welcome to the group, I would certainly say that a strip wash and clay is in order, I would also think to do a decon and possible a paint correction when you get a chance as well. 

Def check out the vids and read some of the writeups they will really help you out. 

Welcome fellow CT'er.

As others have said: strip, clay, and seal is a solid plan especially since we are heading into the winter season. Of course you'll want to do it again once winter is over, it's a great twice-a-year regimen for daily drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Folks, just got back into the detailing world from a long time away and am excited to get going on the two family cars. 

I had a question: I have a new 2016 toyota tacoma and magnetic gray. I've put a coat of some walmart branded sealant as many new detailers have done and want to remove all that stuff from both of the family cars.  Is it safe to say i should strip wash, clay bar and then seal both cars?  They are both daily drivers that share garage time, they don't need to be show quality clean, I would just like them protected from harsh new england winters if at all possible and want to start with a good base. 

Thanks for any help and tips!

Joe

Hello!