Customer Service 866.965.0400

Done with glass towels

hemi1300

Question

Have had no luck with the new towels not streaking, and while the old glass towels do a good job cleaning, I hate it how they drag so much and can hardly hold on to the towel. Worst part is the inside windshield of my new ram, both towels feel like i'm rubbing sandpaper and I can hardly hold on to the towel. Tried claying half the inside windshield but made no difference. Think I'm gonna start using single soft for this purpose, wipes the glass clean effortlessly with no drag

Interesting to hear so many people point to the glass cleaner being the problem when I've never heard that on the forum before. I started using Adam's right before they switched and I think I only ever used one 16oz bottle of the old glass cleaner so I don't remember if it was better. I haven't had too many issues with streaking but I have had issues with grabby towels.

Update-this glass cleaner and towel are playing games with me! Was experimenting cleaning the windows last night with horrible results, glass towel grabbing like crazy and streaks. Washed the truck tonight and decided to give the glass combo another shot and it worked perfect! No streaks, very little grab of the towel on the inside windshield. The only thing that was different is the weather. Last night when I was having all sorts of problems it had been storming all day and off and on at night. Today when I had better results it was a nice cool 60-70 with no rain. Not giving up on the new glass towels just yet

Adam's Glass Cleaner is excellent for maintenance cleanings. The problem lay in the expectation that the use of the word "Cleaner" means it will clean anything. This simply is not the case. GC is nowhere near strong enough to strip wash filthy interior glass. You need something stronger. Be it isopropyl alcohol, dish soap, car wash shampoo, or even a mild degreaser. There are any number of variables to contend with here. Choose a chemical for deep cleaning glass while taking these variables into account.

The real key here is using chemicals *just* powerful enough to do the job. If you're on these forums, you like to take special care of your belongings. This approach of using the correct chemical for the job at hand is what drew me to Adam's in the first place. That said, particular consideration should be given to what you use and how you use it. The current Glass Cleaner is an excellent product when used on slightly dirty glass.

I feel that Glass Cleaner should be renamed Glass Maintainer, and a new product with surfactants introduced called Glass Cleaner. This Glass Cleaner would be able to penetrate under the film covering the glass and lift contaminants away. Or maybe they combine the two?

In the same fashion that we detailers dedicate so much of our precious time to our paint, perhaps it's time we begin looking at glass in a similar fashion. Adam's has approximately 21 products dedicated to perfecting paint, but only 2 products for glass. Considering how important it is to see through glass, I am shocked this market niche isn't broader.

How about it, Adam's? You ready for another challenge?

I like where your head's at, a deep cleaner dedicated strictly for glass. So to deep clean the inside windshield I can use a damp towel and any dawn dish soap? Do u just put a few drops on the towel, scrub the window and then wipe dry?

I like where your head's at, a deep cleaner dedicated strictly for glass. So to deep clean the inside windshield I can use a damp towel and any dawn dish soap? Do u just put a few drops on the towel, scrub the window and then wipe dry?

I would say a better solution would be put a few drops in a dish of water and mix it up. Then dunk the towel in the soapy water and scrub the glass. The important part here is ensuring the soap you're using has had a chance to permeate the water and "activate", ready to link onto contaminants and lift them off the glass. I use single soft towels for this step. Once you have the glass "stripped" of contaminants, you'll find Adam's Glass Cleaner and the Glass Towels incredibly effective at clarifying glass.

I would say a better solution would be put a few drops in a dish of water and mix it up. Then dunk the towel in the soapy water and scrub the glass. The important part here is ensuring the soap you're using has had a chance to permeate the water and "activate", ready to link onto contaminants and lift them off the glass. I use single soft towels for this step. Once you have the glass "stripped" of contaminants, you'll find Adam's Glass Cleaner and the Glass Towels incredibly effective at clarifying glass.

Thank you, definitely gonna give this a try on my windshield to see if it helps with the grabby towels

One thing i did for an extremely dirty car i detailed prior to sale was i used rinseless wash on all the interior plastic, and glass to remove the heavy dirt and grime. this was before i had any of the other Adam's interior cleaning products. I then went back and cleaned the glass with glass cleaner.  results were better than expected for both products. and upon trading it in the the used car manager told me it was the cleanest car he had seen for trade-in in quite some time.