Customer Service 866.965.0400

new bottles leaking

Has anyone else experienced leaking with the 16 Oz frosted bottles and dispensing spouts? used strip wash for first time and the bottle is leaking like crazy when dispensing product.

Hi Robert, the red pull-tops can be a bit finicky to get seated properly onto the new frosted bottle for Strip Wash, so it's possible we may not have had it fully seated when it shipped out. You will have to twist the pull-top cap till it 'snaps' down. It will look like it is slightly cross-threaded and then with some more force it will seat normally. If the pull-top is fully threaded down and the red top is pushed down completely, it should not leak. If for some reason that doesn't work let us know and we will get you sorted out! Thank you for your purchase and let us know if you have any other questions!

I had that with my strip wash bottle too. It had leaked in the box and would also leak when squeezing out the product. I got my 16oz of strip wash for free from a forum contest so I couldn't complain lol. 

Hey Mark, send us an email to orders@adamspolishes.com - if we haven't already resolved the issue for you, we'll get a replacement bottle out to you!

Yes this happened to me also on the 16oz bottle I took off the cap and the neck of the bottle was broken I had another empty bottle so I didn't think anything of it but now maybe it's something to do witH the chemical in strip wash ?

Hey Bob, yes we had to change the bottles for the 16oz Strip Wash to the frosted HDPE bottle because it was not playing nicely with our normal clear 16oz bottles. At full strength, it was weakening the threads of the clear plastic and causing some to crack at the neck of the bottle exactly as you described.

Hi Robert, the red pull-tops can be a bit finicky to get seated properly onto the new frosted bottle for Strip Wash, so it's possible we may not have had it fully seated when it shipped out. You will have to twist the pull-top cap till it 'snaps' down. It will look like it is slightly cross-threaded and then with some more force it will seat normally. If the pull-top is fully threaded down and the red top is pushed down completely, it should not leak. If for some reason that doesn't work let us know and we will get you sorted out! Thank you for your purchase and let us know if you have any other questions!

Hey Mark, send us an email to orders@adamspolishes.com - if we haven't already resolved the issue for you, we'll get a replacement bottle out to you!

Hey Bob, yes we had to change the bottles for the 16oz Strip Wash to the frosted HDPE bottle because it was not playing nicely with our normal clear 16oz bottles. At full strength, it was weakening the threads of the clear plastic and causing some to crack at the neck of the bottle exactly as you described.

That cap is not fully screwed onto the bottle Kevin. Try threading it off and then back on. It might take a bit of force to get it past that cross-threaded state in your picture, but it should thread all the way down to look like this:

20161005_082308_zps53cu3kcf.jpg

Ill keep trying, i cant tell you how many times i tried when i first received the bottle.

On a more serious note...Dan why is that the cap "cross threads" and then corrects with more effort? I have had a similar experience using the Adams threaded funnel on some Kwazar spray bottles.

Edited by LT1xL82

On a more serious note...Dan why is that the cap "cross threads" and then corrects with more effort? I have had a similar experience using the Adams threaded funnel on some Kwazar spray bottles.

This is my best guess, but I would assume that the thread pitch is just ever so slightly off between the bottle threads and the pull top cap or the EZ Fill funnel. It just takes a little bit of patience to get the funnel to start threading correctly. In my mind, there's no rushing when it comes to detailing.

Sorry to sort of thread jack but would this be the same situation and fix with one of the 32oz premium dilution bottle? I have one I use for rinseless and the nozzle sits the same way on my bottle.

The red sprayers should thread down fully onto the 32oz premium dilution bottle without much trouble. Try loosening it, laying down onto the threads evenly, and then re-tightening it. If it is still giving you an issue, please send a picture to orders@adamspolishes.com and we can help out.

This is a good time to post a friendly reminder for everyone that AdamsForums.com is not the best place to address customer service or order issues. For the fastest response time to any issues with a product or order, it's always best to call us at 866-965-0400 or send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com. I don't always have time to read through every thread and post on the forum, and we don't want anyone to be upset or disappointed if an issue is not resolved promptly. Thanks, Dan