Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best Shine on A White Car

scottkalbfeld

Question

I have an Alpine White MB c300 thats 2 years old. I am wondering what the best wax/sealant is to make my paint really pop. I have clayed and polished the paint to almost perfect with no visible scratches or swirls so the paint looks amazing. Right now I have the liquid paint sealant on it and H2O GG. 

Will topping it with the buttery wax or Americana make much of a difference/pop or is this the shiniest I am going to get it?

17 answers to this question

Good info here: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31430-the-best-white-can-look/?hl=%22best+white%22

I have a white car, too, that I just bought. Planning on trying these tips soon. Hoping to make all those out there with black cars jealous ;). OK, probably not...honestly, nothing better than a clean, shiny black car, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Good luck!

I have a white 4Runner and I can see a small amount of extra pop when I apply Buttery or Patriot, but you won't see the depth and clarity that darker colors show. I mainly wax my vehicle for the self satisfaction and work therapy :)

thanks for the responses

Would LPS, H2O GG, glaze then wax be to much/overkill? Im thinking to many layers might affect the final result.

But no this isn't overkill. It's the regiment I follow, minus the Glaze.

thanks for the responses

Would LPS, H2O GG, glaze then wax be to much/overkill? Im thinking to many layers might affect the final result.

If you're using LPS the G&G is an unnecessary step. Use the G&G as a maintenance product between details. The vehicle will be sealed by LPS and won't need the sealant of G&G. You also have the option of glazing before sealing. It's entirely preference there.

Make sure you wait an hour after applying LPS to allow it to cure before layering.

Edited by medic001918

I agree with Shane and Lee above. That's the process I follow with a white car - and I love it.

Kevin also brings up a really good point - one of the best ways you can make your whites pop is by really focusing on the contrasting black. I just figured out the best combo of VRT and In & Out Spray and it's made a world of difference. 

One other thing you can do to make white pop is to make sure that anything black (trim, tires, etc.) is very black.

Excellent point. My windows are tinted very dark and when I scrub my tires and apply tire shine, it contrasts and makes the white look amazing.

If you're using LPS the G&G is an unnecessary step. Use the G&G as a maintenance product between details. The vehicle will be sealed by LPS and won't need the sealant of G&G. You also have the option of glazing before sealing. It's entirely preference there.

Make sure you wait an hour after applying LPS to allow it to cure before layering.

Can anyone else confirm that H2OGG is unecessary when using LPS?

Can anyone else confirm that H2OGG is unecessary when using LPS?

It's only unnecessary when doing your whole strip and seal procedure. After the LPS has been on the vehicle for a day or two, or even until your next wash, there's no reason not to apply HGG during your maintenance washes. Some people like me apply it once a month, and others more infrequently. But my vehicle is white, and I still like to use HGG for the extra pop. Just because it's a sealant doesn't mean you can't apply over LPS, because it's also for "Guard and Gloss." 

The more I read the more it makes me want to  detail lol. Every time I come on the forum, I want to do a complete car detail. But I don't think its a good idea to do a complete detail every other day. hahaha. All jokes aside thanks for the input. Will definitely take all your advice. 

It's only unnecessary when doing your whole strip and seal procedure. After the LPS has been on the vehicle for a day or two, or even until your next wash, there's no reason not to apply HGG during your maintenance washes. Some people like me apply it once a month, and others more infrequently. But my vehicle is white, and I still like to use HGG for the extra pop. Just because it's a sealant doesn't mean you can't apply over LPS, because it's also for "Guard and Gloss."

Thanks for confirming what I was trying to convey. The G&G is more of a maintenance product for me. I use it between complete details to keep the sealant in place and sealed. When doing a full detail though, I can't say that I use G&G as I feel it is redundant to the LPS, glaze and wax.

Your mileage may vary and we all have our own "formulas" that work for us. You'll find yours in time.