Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello From CA

dpsphotos

Hello everyone, my name is Daniel and one of my first jobs was working as a detailer.  I worked my way from a junky shop to a higher end detail and window tint operation.  That was 15 years ago and since then I also gave up on detailing my own cars.  Kids and life just kept me busy.  Wow, products and tools have changed in those years.

Well, after money spent on crapy details I've decided to get back into it.  I'm not going into business but I can see the opportunity to make a little side money here and there.  I'm starting with my own cars that are in need of serious love.  I am new to the Adam's brand but have been throughly impressed so far from the shipping boxes, customer service, to the products themselves.

One area I could use some tips on is when to apply dressing to the trim.  I did it before clay, but by the time I clayed, corrected, polished, sealed, and then waxed, my trim was not looking pretty.  Maybe I'm just a bit sloppy with the DA as I get used to it, but I'm thinking I should dress the trim after the polish and before the sealant and wax.  BTW this was all on the family van and damn it took me forever.  I predicted one day and it wound up taking me two.  It did need a lot of love but I'll have to improve my efficiency.

Anyhow, good to be here and I'm glad I found Adam's products.  I have previously used Griot's for the most part.  Cheers...  Daniel

Welcome back to the hobby! Pictures could definately help answer your questions more appropriately but I would think that you were getting a bit sloppy with your polishing if it degraded your trim look that much, could also just be a bit too much product on the paint, 

Welcome back to the hobby! Pictures could definately help answer your questions more appropriately but I would think that you were getting a bit sloppy with your polishing if it degraded your trim look that much, could also just be a bit too much product on the paint, 

Thanks for the reply.  Here are a few pics.  I finished the detail a few days ago and have not had a chance to touch up the trim.  I'm open for any suggestions.  Also, one thing that I am going to do is add the smaller 4" pads to my arsenal.  That may help for these smaller areas that are next to trim and rubber.  I will say that most of this was done while using the correcting polish.  What step do you normally apply the VRT?

Thanks,

Daniel

post-15193-0-28062500-1478977603_thumb.jpg

post-15193-0-01610300-1478977604_thumb.jpg

post-15193-0-76571900-1478977604_thumb.jpg

post-15193-0-51824400-1478977605_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the addiction, Daniel!

I apply VRT after I strip wash, before I clay. Then, once done with the detail, wipe off any residue from the polish, sealant, etc., and reapply as necessary to touch up.

Something else to consider adding is a hand applicator for any polishes, sealants, or waxes you have. Might make getting in those hard to reach spots a little easier.