Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT question

Geebee

Question

I'm pretty sure that you can, but anybody use VRT on the door and window molding trim?  Work OK? I bought 100 detailing swabs on Amazon for $8.00 exactly like the ones for sale by Adam's and was going to start my rubber cleaning and detailing.  

6 answers to this question

You would want to wipe the rubber down after so it doesn't run in the rain. Other than that it will work great!

Chris,

For the door moldings, yea that's what I'd do. However I do have rubber around the window framing that I'd need to use the swabs. As for the doors, I'd just use a mico pad and wipe it down.

Thanks

I had an issue with using VRT on the rubber seals on the Camaro because it left a pretty good line of "smuts" on the glass.  It probably won't be an issue for most vehicles but the Camaro windows are "frameless".

You are talking about the exterior correct?

You should try the new Trim Coating......3 easy steps and it works great!

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/specials/sub-category-1/adam-s-trim-coating-kit.html

If you do go with VRT make sure you clean your trim with TRC.

Chris,

The trim is in pretty good shape so I don't need the Trim Coating. Just a good coat of VRT.  

Thanks

Chris,

For the door moldings, yea that's what I'd do. However I do have rubber around the window framing that I'd need to use the swabs. As for the doors, I'd just use a mico pad and wipe it down.

Thanks

What I mean is, everywhere you apply the VRT you need to go back and wipe it down to help prevent streaks. It will run when it rains but wiping as much excess as you can will minimize it.