Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Orange Detailing Tape

Moz

Question

I know Adams no longer offers the orange detaining tape but that tape worked AWSOME.....why was it discontinued?

I have tried tape from Detailers Domain and 3M and they both are not the quality of the orange tape that Adams used to offer.

13 answers to this question

Might be worth checking with Thompson Racing or some of the other distributors to see if they have any on hand. Might still be some floating around out there. As for why they discontinued it I'm sure it was either a supplier thing or a low selling item.

I'm using the 3m (I think) green autobody painters tape. I've never had any problems with it and it comes off without leaving any residue. Plus I can take it off of one side and usually reuse it on the other side without any issues either.

I like to use the tape to section off areas to work on. You can also see the before and after of your work. Plus as Shane said, to tape off the trim so you don't have a mess on your hands.

There has been a few nerd sessions that contraindicated our beloved tape lines for 50/50 shots. They state when buffing we remove some of the tape particles that we in turn can put on the paint. When I don't think this is not true most of us are not doing concours style jobs so tape away my friends lol

What are you guys using tape for when detailing? (I'm new)

As the others stated, for protecting trim, but also for rubber sunroof (and window) trim to keep the pads clean, and for covering emblems to keep them from damaging the pads.

^^ exactly. It also protects those pieces from getting burnt or damaged by a pad.

This is what I'm using. I have both 3/4 and 2". It's the same as I use to use painting cars. Works great also.

33E15511-5DA6-4FF1-BB60-1CB6E351DBAA_zps

1FB0B890-DA01-49B8-8A39-17682029F161_zps

Edited by FrozenWS6