Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal polish

Ls1transam

Question

Who has tried the metal polish 1 and 2? In the video it shows him cleaning already shiny tips. Has anyone tried them on some real world situations. I've always used another Paste brand. But it's annoying to use. I want to see some real polishing with Adams metal polishes, they're a bit pricey and I wanna know if they work really well or not.

12 answers to this question

I've used them on tips and on metal trim on older classics. The product does work well. It takes time to do. If it's an open enough area I'll polish the metal with my Rupes Nano with a 1.25" pad to help speed it along.

Here's a set of tips I did. I did the outsides. The inside where it's dull I didn't really get into.

post-11222-0-45630100-1485702642_thumb.jpg

Edited by medic001918

Adams metal polish is work great, but I would definitely use them in order. The first metal polish is to clean the tip after you have washed it. The second metal polish is to shine the tip. I use the wheel wollie and all purpose cleaner to clean them. Then, I use the microfiber some desigated microfiber applicator pads to polish them.

It depends on if the wheels are raw metal or coated. Most wheels today are clear coated so they polish just like paint. In playing with the paint thickness meter, I've found wheels have a pretty thick coating on them which allows for polishing rather well.

If they're raw metal, metal polish is the way!

Those tips look great! That #1 and #2 polish?

Yep and this is a daily driver. I use the polish on the lower muffler bodies that can be seen from the rear of the car and it gives them a nice matte clean aluminum finish as well. And on my wife's Tahoe it makes it shine too.

Water beads up and rolls off.