Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant and Boost

Ls1transam

Question

I applied this today. I first cleaned the glass with the new aerosol glass cleaner. I then used the new cleaner as lubricant and clayed the glass. It already felt smooth but was noticeably smoother after claying. Dumped maybe 6-7 drops on half of my windshield because I want a 50/50 comparison on my windshield when it rains. Spread the product in with a microfiber applicator like you would a coating. Up and down then back and forth for good even coverage. Waiting about 2 minutes then used a mist of the spray type glass cleaner of Adam's and wiped off the residue. The I sprayed maybe 5-6 sprays of Boost on the glass wiped it in from the outside edges in. Flipped the towel over and then wiped for one final buffing. The side of the glass that is now sealed is so slick it's crazy lol. Especially compared to the other side that's not been clayed or sealed. It makes the glass look super super clear. If it wasn't for the clouds it would almost look like the glass wasn't there. This stuff goes on and off super easy. Now I'm just waiting to drive in the rain. And big props to the Adam's team for the new style sprayer on the 8oz sprayer. It works awesome.

10 answers to this question

The first and second picture were taken back to back at the same speed. The first pic is of the drivers side that has Sealant and Boost on it, the second pic is of the passenger side with no boost or Sealant. These were taken at 40mph. The third pic is at 50mph. I forgot that I already had a non Adam's product on my car. It's a drying aid I use that is very hydrophobic. So my results weren't as drastic as a true treated and untreated surface. The Sealant and Boost and still more hydrophobic than the drying aid I use. But not by much. Plus I'd say the Sealant didn't seal properly to the glass because of the other product that is already on there. I'll have to do more testing and then reply back to the thread.

38C11B7D-6B55-4C79-B38E-2C61F6F30891_zps

E111C0FA-3EB1-4739-9E05-00F812647ACF_zps

FA9C0DAB-EE02-46AB-8D0C-91DB0603227C_zps

I'm mad, I wanted to use mine before the snow hits PA tonight, but FedEx is being useless.  My package has been sitting in PA since Monday and its still not here!  I wanted to seal my glass before we get a foot of snow haha.

I'm mad, I wanted to use mine before the snow hits PA tonight, but FedEx is being useless. My package has been sitting in PA since Monday and its still not here! I wanted to seal my glass before we get a foot of snow haha.

Same here, placed the order over a week ago and it has been sitting at a FedEx location 20 minutes from me since Saturday, now it has transferred to usps and scheduled delivery tomorrow, what the crap!

Your first and second photos look the same to me..? It must be one of those things where pics just don't do them justice. Your 3rd photo however is what my windshield typically looks like at any sort of high speed with just Glass Sealant on.

Edited by Mariner

Your first and second photos look the same to me..? It must be one of those things where pics just don't do them justice. Your 3rd photo however is what my windshield typically looks like at any sort of high speed with just Glass Sealant on.

Yeah the photo just doesn't show the difference. I will say, I was thinking that this stuff would be a little more hydrophobic than it is. Idk if you read my whole post. But the right side has a non Adams product on it that's is pretty hydrophobic too. So this isn't a great 50/50 comparison.

Yeah the photo just doesn't show the difference. I will say, I was thinking that this stuff would be a little more hydrophobic than it is. Idk if you read my whole post. But the right side has a non Adams product on it that's is pretty hydrophobic too. So this isn't a great 50/50 comparison.

I did read that. It's crazy how it can look like that in a picture but from a driver's perspective, it's much clearer as you're looking through the rain down the road.