Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need some advice on how to handle this

Zoutlawss

Question

Have a customer that wants me to polish his brand new Morgan Harley that was shipped from England. Apparently it came with some kind of leather straps that was over the paint and when he removed them it left fine scratches in the clear coat during shipping

So I've never done a vehicle like this before. The paint is only five months old .  Seems to me a correcting polish and wax should do the trick.

Any advice would be appreciated

post-15444-0-84624500-1488599801_thumb.jpg

23 answers to this question

Have you considered hand polishing with revive maybe?

Mike that's not an option with matte paint, once matte paint is scratched it scratched there is noting you can do besides painting it if you do any kind of polish or wax it changes the composition of the paint and then your in real deep with real world problems and a angry customer.

Mike that's not an option with matte paint, once matte paint is scratched it scratched there is noting you can do besides painting it if you do any kind of polish or wax it changes the composition of the paint and then your in real deep with real world problems and a angry customer.

interesting.

Apparently the one I am doing does not have a matte finish so I am good to go on the polish. Just has light scratch on clear coat. One pass with a polisher should do the trick.

Im going to get the scratch out seal it and then wax and then maybe a coat of glaze to make it pop

Edited by Camarodude

Well I went to do the Morgan and worked for three hours on two panels. Started out least aggressive and went a little more multiple passes and it made the scratches look better but not completely removed. Was way to worried since the paint was not old enough for me to go a little harder.

Plus I have no idea about the clear coat thickness or how they actually paint these things so really did not want to take the chance. Told customer I can push it a little more and it was up to him to make the decision. 

Light compound

polish

Sealant

Patriot Wax

Brilliant Glaze

Really wish I could have gotten the scratch out. You could not feel it at all. Usually I can get these out with a couple of passes with a light compound but these where just not cooperating. First time I have ever even seen one of these. Sorry for the last pic I moved just a little taking it

post-15444-0-78191400-1489275325_thumb.jpg

post-15444-0-78499500-1489275332_thumb.jpg

post-15444-0-43465300-1489275339_thumb.jpg

I have no idea why I could not get the scratch in the clear coat out. really did not look that deep at all but was not willing to take a chance pushing it too hard. hes going to put a checkered flag on the front part and that will cover it up. The one on the back was light as well so it should have came out with a few passes but did not. It improved but just was going to require more. wasn't willing to go that far on paint that was less than six months old

Thank you for the update. Very unique car for sure. The paint looks more conventional /less matte than the previous photo.

Doesn't look like the same car. The first is green with black wire rims (and eyes (?) painted in the front end). Maybe a stock photo? Billy did say "the one (he's) working on" vs. what he posted. The other he apparently worked on is black with chrome wire rims. May have been our misunderstanding.

Either way, still a cool ride. Sorry the scrratches didn't all come out, Billy, but hopefully the customer is happy. Maybe someone else has some additional tricks you can try, if not.