Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint sealant with ceramic boost

Nathan

Question

7 answers to this question

I actually just did half of my hood with boost and the other half with H2O Guard & Gloss about 3 weeks ago. Trying to compare them, after two washes both are beading up great. Gloss was great for both as well.

I tried it on my last wash.  Didn't go on quite as smooth as Detail Spray but seemed to work fine.  Not sure if it made any difference, though.

BUT: I did NOT like Ceramic Boost on my vinyl stripes!  Made a blotchy mess!  I was able to get it off and smooth them back out with Waterless Wash but I definatly won't be using Boost on them again. 

I have done this. It acts like detail spray with a bit more gloss? I have H2O GG and Ceramic boost. I Ceramic Boost when I am not washing and H20GG when I wash. Ceramic Boost has to be applied to a dry car, that's why I like the H2O better since you can dry and shine at the same time. I noticed that the Ceramic Boost does a great job of darkening trim pieces as well, so its save the VRT step. I will probably finish up the Ceramic Boost bottle and stick with H20GG an Detail Spray for my detailing

I think it will be best for the ceramic coatings, as intended, but it sure does make your car look wet.

Edited by Rb1274

I have done this.  It acts like detail spray with a bit more gloss?  I have H2O GG and Ceramic boost.  I CB when I am not washing and H20GG when I wash.  Ceramic Boost has to be applied to a dry car, that's why I like the H2O better since you can dry and shine at the same time. I noticed that the CB does a great job of darkening trim pieces as well, so its save the VRT step.  I will probably finish up the CB bottle and stick with H20GG an Detail Spray for my detailing

I think it will be best for the ceramic coatings, as intended, but it sure does make your car look wet.

Thanks everyone!

You clay every time you wash with H20 G&G? Clay should be avoided unless necessary.

I tried it on my last wash.  Didn't go on quite as smooth as Detail Spray but seemed to work fine.  Not sure if it made any difference, though.

BUT: I did NOT like Ceramic Boost on my vinyl stripes!  Made a blotchy mess!  I was able to get it off and smooth them back out with Waterless Wash but I definatly won't be using Boost on them again.

Thanks for the insight Roger! I will definitely avoid this on my F1FTY and will reserve it for the Suburban.