Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sticky Windshield

mathews31

Question

I was given a cell phone holder about a year ago for Christmas. I love the thing but a while ago I removed it and found that the suction cup mount seems to have melted or formed some sort of adhesive with the windshield. I was able to pry it off but now the old spot has this sticky substance on it...I have ignored it but I just sealed the outside of the glass and I'm sort of trying to get anything on the inside off. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and maybe if any Adam's products are useful to remove this before I go purchase goo-gone

5 answers to this question

I would try using a mixture of half an ounce of car shampoo and about the same of APC and 10 ounces of warm water. You could even go with APC and warm water. Soak a utility towel or pretty much any microfiber towel you would use in grimy situations in the mixture. Wring some of it out, but keep it to where you have some foam. Lay a big towel like a GWDT or bath towel across the dash to catch any water. Maybe shoot a few mists of APC into the face of the towel and go to work. That is assuming you have those specific products or some other variant. I think that should be able to remove it. Dry with paper towels. Then you can follow up with the BG cleaning method or your normal glass cleaning routine.

Edited by Junior