Customer Service 866.965.0400

leak free bottles

rjgabor

Question

So I generally like to keep some detail spray and a towel in my truck so that I can get bird poop, etc. removed right away.  Has anyone found a good bottle that won't leak when left in the hot car?   The Meguiars Detail Spray bottle doesn't leak, but I'd really like to keep Waterless Wash in my truck instead.  The full-size bottle leaked on me during the hot weekend....good thing I store it in a sealable freezer bag.

7 answers to this question

Make sure the bottle isn't loose, and make sure the sprayer is closed. I don't have any problems with the 16 oz bottles, Adams doesn't seem to sell the 32 oz anymore (which I didn't use anyways).

I would keep detail spray, and interior detailer in the back cup holders of my f150, but found that the detail spray would leak in the Florida heat. The detail spray would leave a stain in the cupholder... slightly aggravated by that but oh well. 

If you take pipe-tape (the white tape from home depot used for threading pipes) and put it on the threads of the bottle, and then put the sprayer on I noticed the leak to stop, as it has not come from the sprayer itself, but the bottle for me.

here is what I use:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/1-2-in-x-260-in-PTFE-Tape-0178502/202280370

Just use some of this tape, and wrap it opposite of how you would screw the sprayer on, and hopefully that'll stop your leak.

I keep WW in my truck and car, and have not had issues with leaks.  I do turn the nozzle to the 'off' position after using them.  I also wrap them in a WW Towel, so that maybe why I never see any leaks!

WW has more polymers to lift dirt than DS, so it is a little better for bird bombs, insects, etc. 

to the OP,

I am curious if you mean these 32oz bottles:

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/empty-bottles-sprayers/adam-s-new-32oz-premium-dilution-bottle.html

If so then I can speak from personal experience in saying they do unfortunately leak. I have 2 of them that I keep diluted rinseless in and both of them leak. I think it has something to do with the sprayer not sitting all the way down, or maybe not creating a tight enough seal.