Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pressurized spray bottle as a poor mans foam cannon?

Jheeman

Question

Here's my dilemma, wondering if anyone has tried this. I live in a condo, few water hookups. I wash my car at a nearby coin wash, so I can't attach a foam cannon there either. I'm wondering if the pressurized spray bottle could work as a poor mans foam cannon, or if there are any other tricks people might have for my situation. Appreciate the help!

Jeff

8 answers to this question

A foam gun would be a poor mans cannon. 

A foam cannon is nothing more than a high pressure foam gun. They both do the same thing but a foam cannon just looks cooler. 

Sure the suds might stick better with a cannon to the paint but the whole purpose is to wash the vehicle and not stare at it covered in foam.

----End Rant----

I recently tried just that to see what happens. If you think of a foam gun as a poor mans foam cannon, then a pressurized sprayer is a "so poor you are looking up at poor people from third world economies" foam gun.

While it does get some soapy water on the car, you certainly can't mistake it for a foam gun.

I recently tried just that to see what happens. If you think of a foam gun as a poor mans foam cannon, then a pressurized sprayer is a "so poor you are looking up at poor people from third world economies" foam gun.

While it does get some soapy water on the car, you certainly can't mistake it for a foam gun.

Thanks for the info, was thinking it might not be worth it. I guess if I get one maybe I'll try it out to see. Not expecting superb results per se but a alternative for where I live and how I wash.

Here's my dilemma, wondering if anyone has tried this. I live in a condo, few water hookups. I wash my car at a nearby coin wash, so I can't attach a foam cannon there either. I'm wondering if the pressurized spray bottle could work as a poor mans foam cannon, or if there are any other tricks people might have for my situation. Appreciate the help!

Jeff

A regular pressurized sprayer is not going to do much for you, since foam is created when air is mixed into the spray stream, which does not happen with a sprayer like the Adam's Pressurized Spray Bottle.

Kwazar makes a few different foaming sprayers. I have the Venus Hand Foamer, and it works OK, but you have to pump it up with air very often during use (like 2-3 times for foaming a panel).

The video on the website is a bit misleading. My guess is that there is very little liquid in the bottle, and tons of shampoo, to give the amount of foam shown. In my experience, with the bottle full, there is not much room for adding air, so the spray time is much less.

I would imagine that the Orion Super Pro would spray much longer, as it has a garden-sprayer style pump.

A foam gun would be a poor mans cannon.

A foam cannon is nothing more than a high pressure foam gun. They both do the same thing but a foam cannon just looks cooler.

Sure the suds might stick better with a cannon to the paint but the whole purpose is to wash the vehicle and not stare at it covered in foam.

----End Rant----

----Begin Rant---- :D

"They both do the same thing but a foam cannon just looks cooler."

I have to disagree, my friend.

The Foam Cannon has the advantage of having more air mixed in, which gives thicker foam, which allows for more hang time on the paint.

The longer the foam is still on the paint, the safer it is to use the wash media, and the more time you have to be thorough in your cleaning. While the Foam Gun does put suds on the surface, the suds run off much faster, and there's not much benefit if the suds are on the ground before you get to the area with the wash media.

Certainly, a viable work around is to foam smaller areas with the Foam Gun, but the downside is it takes more time, compared to foaming a larger area with the Foam Cannon.

Like TheWolf said the video is misleading, if you watch other ones on YouTube you will see the foam sticks at first then it falls off.

And to add to the foam cannon vs gun thing, not only will you have better suds on the car with the cannon, you can use less soap, 4 oz in a foam gun is need to achieve what you can get from 2 oz in foam cannon.