Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cup holders

Nathan

Question

What do you guys use to clean nasty cup holders? Maybe the lug and trim brush? Currently I use leather and interior cleaner with the cockpit brush but I can't seem to get it clean enough.

14 answers to this question

For the edges down in cup holders I use steam as much as possible. Steam and a utility towel. If I don't have access to steam I use leather and interior cleaner with a paint brush that I cut the bristle length in half to stiffen it up some. A trim and lug nut brush should work as well.

When I do interiors I always have a junk rag for cup holders and stuff like that. I use a flat head screwdriver, wrap the towel around the end and get all the hard to reach places. Other than that I will spray the cup holders down and jam the towel in it and twist. It normally gets them pretty clean with those 2 methods! But everyone has there own way of doing it. I have a few other ways I can get them clean but I always seem to just do this. Hope it helps!

Removable inserts certainly make this easier. For my cup holders, I use a rag, ID, and some patience/elbow grease to get into the corners. Really, nothing special...but mine are all DDs. For a garage queen, my approach probably wouldn't be enough.

Have you considered the Detail Swabs? I haven't used them before, but they look tailor made for this type of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if you've watched the video, but in case not, and for others reading this, check out how Adam uses LIC, the cockpit brush, MF utility towel, Sidekick, and swabs for smaller nooks and crannies in the interior:

Let us know if you figure out the magic touch!

3 of my 4 vehicles have removable inserts. I take that inside to the sink and have at it. Are you sure there aren't removable inserts?

I have found a few cars that I can remove, but not most of the ones I do.

Using the swabs would be a bad business financial move...they cost too much, and I'm looking for something like a brush that's reusable. Sometimes I use the shove the towel in and twist method but the cup holders are usually so dirty that just doesn't do it, I think I will invest in a trim and lug brush on my next order and until then use a paint brush, unless anyone else has any more suggestions.

Removable inserts certainly make this easier. For my cup holders, I use a rag, ID, and some patience/elbow grease to get into the corners. Really, nothing special...but mine are all DDs. For a garage queen, my approach probably wouldn't be enough.

Have you considered the Detail Swabs? I haven't used them before, but they look tailor made for this type of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if you've watched the video, but in case not, and for others reading this, check out how Adam uses LIC, the cockpit brush, MF utility towel, Sidekick, and swabs for smaller nooks and crannies in the interior:

https://youtu.be/xZUzz1TPYhQ

Let us know if you figure out the magic touch!

Using the swabs would be a bad business financial move...they cost too much, and I'm looking for something like a brush that's reusable. Sometimes I use the shove the towel in and twist method but the cup holders are usually so dirty that just doesn't do it, I think I will invest in a trim and lug brush on my next order and until then use a paint brush, unless anyone else has any more suggestions.

And yes, I've seen every video. No good shows on TV what else to watch? :lol:

Edited by Nathan

Best advice........don't use them!   :lol:

I can pick the change out of mine quite easy.   ;)

Customers choice not mine,

Thanks everyone....well almost everyone :lol: