Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray Detailer on Car Treated with cQuartz Finest

ZMAN024

Question

My son's Challenger was treated with cQuartz Finest nano-ceramic coating.  I recently read on another thread that the Detail Spray may not play well with cQuartz.  Will H2O G&G also react unfavorably with the cQuartz ?   Can I use the Matte Detailer as a quick detailer on top of the cQuartz ?  Any advice or first hand knowledge is greatly appreciated.

16 answers to this question

In regards to our products, Waterless Wash and Ceramic Boost would both work great with your ceramic coating Oz.

Ceramic Boost is a ceramic detail spray designed for ceramic coated vehicles, and it works excellent!

I'm most definitely not a ceramic coating expert but what I've gathered is that anything placed on top of them takes away from the natural hydrophobic qualities that coatings have. For example, Adams makes the ceramic boost to go over their coatings. You may want to contact cQuartz and see what they recommend.

You will get mixed opinions, but DS should be ok, the reason that is, is because DS has a very very small amount of carnuba in it, making it a wax booster. H20 guard is a sealant, that lasts 3-4 months, so I wouldn’t use that. Matte detailer is meant for matte finishes, so unless you had a matte finish, stripes, etc. you don’t need to use it, but it should be ok on a coating because it has no wax booster. Is the challenger matte? Where are you looking to use matte detailer?

Edited by Nathan

My son's Challenger was treated with cQuartz Finest nano-ceramic coating. I recently read on another thread that the Detail Spray may not play well with cQuartz. Will H2O G&G also react unfavorably with the cQuartz ? Can I use the Matte Detailer as a quick detailer on top of the cQuartz ? Any advice or first hand knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Carpro makes a specific detail spray type product for coatings.

In regards to our products, Waterless Wash and Ceramic Boost would both work great with your ceramic coating Oz.

Ceramic Boost is a ceramic detail spray designed for ceramic coated vehicles, and it works excellent!

Thanks Dan.  I'll grab some in my next order.

Carpro makes a specific detail spray type product for coatings.

Thanks John.  I've seen their spray detailer. I was just hoping to avoid having specific products for specific vehicles. I'm looking to use the Adams line across the board :)

You will get mixed opinions, but DS should be ok, the reason that is, is because DS has a very very small amount of carnuba in it, making it a wax booster. H20 guard is a sealant, that lasts 3-4 months, so I wouldn’t use that. Matte detailer is meant for matte finishes, so unless you had a matte finish, stripes, etc. you don’t need to use it, but it should be ok on a coating because it has no wax booster. Is the challenger matte? Where are you looking to use matte detailer?

Thanks Nathan.  I read another thread where someone suggested using the Matte Detailer on top of the ceramic coating because it contained " less chemicals" than the Detail Spray.  I guess he was referring to the wax booster in the Detail Spray.  Thanks for the advice. 

Thanks Nathan.  I read another thread where someone suggested using the Matte Detailer on top of the ceramic coating because it contained " less chemicals" than the Detail Spray.  I guess he was referring to the wax booster in the Detail Spray.  Thanks for the advice.

Yeah ceramic boost works great for shining it up and getting more protection but it could get quite expensive and I wouldn’t recommend it for a quick detailer. But DS or WW like dan said should work fine as a quick detailer, because WW leaves nothing on the surface unlike Detail Spray leaving very very little wax behind.

Slight clarification to Nathan's comments above - WW doesn't build up, but it does have/will leave behind a very small amount of shine enhancement. And it smells incredible!

It leaves behind a clean surface. That’s what makes it shine!

I've mentioned this on other threads, but my Viper has CQuartz, and, as much as I like Adam's Detail Spray, it doens't play nice, at least with way the CQuartz is on the Viper paint. I do use CarPro reload, on both the Viper, and as  stand alone on the Ram. However, to remove dust etc (Viper stays garaged, and rarely sees rain) right now, I use Megs 34.

That being said - when I go to Carlisle in a couple days, I'll be picking up some Matte Spray, as that has less additives, and try it on the Viper. Will also be trying some Ceramic Boost, and try it like I use the Reload now.

I've mentioned this on other threads, but my Viper has CQuartz, and, as much as I like Adam's Detail Spray, it doens't play nice, at least with way the CQuartz is on the Viper paint. I do use CarPro reload, on both the Viper, and as  stand alone on the Ram. However, to remove dust etc (Viper stays garaged, and rarely sees rain) right now, I use Megs 34.

That being said - when I go to Carlisle in a couple days, I'll be picking up some Matte Spray, as that has less additives, and try it on the Viper. Will also be trying some Ceramic Boost, and try it like I use the Reload now.

Hi Scott.  Your original post about meeting up with the Adam's guys at Carlisle is what prompted my question for the forum.  Let me know how you make out with the Matte Detailer. I'm curious.  I've got a bottle of HydrO2 that I bought to use strictly on my son's Challenger.  I haven't used it yet as it's only been a few months since the coating was applied and the car has only been washed once since then. I will also pick up the Ceramic Boost in my next order.   

Given that diluted Rinseless Wash is so similar to WW, I'm curious if you can use that on the ceramic coatings.  Would be much more economical than either WW or Boost.

:iagree: Because RW 16:1 won’t be adding any wax to the surface, it will be just cleaning. And the I would use boost every couple months to maintain shine and protect!

Hi Scott.  Your original post about meeting up with the Adam's guys at Carlisle is what prompted my question for the forum.  Let me know how you make out with the Matte Detailer. I'm curious.  I've got a bottle of HydrO2 that I bought to use strictly on my son's Challenger.  I haven't used it yet as it's only been a few months since the coating was applied and the car has only been washed once since then. I will also pick up the Ceramic Boost in my next order.   

Will do.