Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless wash or detail spray?

ScatPackTwister2017

Question

7 answers to this question

I think it depends on how much dust you get where you live. Where im at, if it sits for one maybe 2 days, I can get away with just using detail spray. If it was windy or more days have passed I use waterless wash. Now if it gets too dusty, then I use rinseless wash and a bucket.

3 hours ago, ScatPackTwister2017 said:

My car is garage kept. Last time I took it out was to wash it. Over time normal dust has settle on it. Which step should I take next to freshen it up? Waterless wash or detail spray to get the dust off? Or should I just wash it. Appreciate your input.

My son has a Black Challenger that is also garage kept. It's basically a fair weather driver so it doesn't get dirty, but it certainly does collect its fair share of dust.  I recently bought the Waterless Wash specifically for the purpose of giving his car a quick touch-up rather than a 2-bucket wash or wiping it down with Detail Spray.  I really like the Waterless Wash. It leaves the Black paint coupled with the Ceramic Coating shining like a new diamond. :2thumbs:

I use the rinseless made down 16:1 or so with distilled water which makes a great substitue to waterless wash and is more cost effective! It will add a bit more lubricity to the mixture and you can taylor it to your needs and desires. Also works great for clay baring too. 

I rinseless even if it's a few days of garage dust. That's probably overly cautious as compared to other's methods.  I use diluted rinseless (16:1) for bug soak, bird bombs, door jambs, and presoak (if needed) before rinseless wash.  The Camaro is garage kept, a fair weather driver, and I like to take it to a show or two.  The other two live outside and are black.  I don't really think I could do a safe waterless much faster than a rinseless, anyway. I've gotten pretty efficient at them. 

The only exception might be if I've just washed the Camaro then driven to a car show.  Then I would touch up with detail spray or waterless.

You have to decide what is right for you.