Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best vacuum for interior?

DylanC330

Question

10 answers to this question

We use a regular shop vac in the shop along with a hot water extractor.  Pet hair is always problematic and there's few great solutions.  We use some rubber sponges to try to ball the hair up and move the bulk of it.  There's a million different theories on the best way to handle it.  We've found that ultimately it comes down to patience and effort.  There are some different vacs out there, but the value for the dollar is best with the shop vac I think.

Hi Dylan,

I don't know about the best vacuum, but I use a stainless steel Craftsman shop vac for vacuuming. I got it for a great deal a few years back on Black Friday. For pet hair, I use a pet hair remover stone to loosen it from carpet and upholstery, then vacuum it up. You must be very careful with using a removal stone though - it can scratch plastics, leather, and vinyl surfaces instantly and permanently!

I'm quite pleased with the little Hoover Spotless Portable Carpet Cleaner I bought for deep cleaning carpets on a budget, rather than going the extractor route. When used with hot water and 1oz of our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner, I've been able to remove some pretty nasty stains with it!

dRuyx5l.jpg

2 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

We use a regular shop vac in the shop along with a hot water extractor.  Pet hair is always problematic and there's few great solutions.  We use some rubber sponges to try to ball the hair up and move the bulk of it.  There's a million different theories on the best way to handle it.  We've found that ultimately it comes down to patience and effort.  There are some different vacs out there, but the value for the dollar is best with the shop vac I think.

Thanks for the tips Shane!

2 hours ago, Dan@Adams said:

Hi Dylan,

I don't know about the best vacuum, but I use a stainless steel Craftsman shop vac for vacuuming. I got it for a great deal a few years back on Black Friday. For pet hair, I use a pet hair remover stone to loosen it from carpet and upholstery, then vacuum it up. You must be very careful with using a removal stone though - it can scratch plastics, leather, and vinyl surfaces instantly and permanently!

I'm quite pleased with the little Hoover Spotless Portable Carpet Cleaner I bought for deep cleaning carpets on a budget, rather than going the extractor route. When used with hot water and 1oz of our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner, I've been able to remove some pretty nasty stains with it!

dRuyx5l.jpg

Thanks Dan!  The Shop Vac works, I just wasn't sure if there was something else out there. I haven't tried the stone for the pet hair yet, maybe I will have to try out since my Jeep has tons of dog hair in it.  

The removing stains was going to be my next questions for what everyone uses, the Carpet & Upholstery in the spotless cleaner sounds like a great idea! I have one of these for the house, guess I will pick up another for the vehicles! Thank you!

Found this thread here.  I am looking to replace my Shop Vac that died and looking for something with a good amount of attachments to get into the hard to reach areas.  Anyone have luck with some of the hand held car vacuums?  Or  am I just looking for another Shop Vac?

If you really want to go high, the Festool line of vacuums are really good. They are pricey, but they also work really well. If pricing is a big part of it, can’t beat Shop Vac brands.