Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black trim restore and coating

No1SirButler

Question

Hello

Can the Adams black trim restore be topped with the trim ceramic coating? Of course after proper curing. I would like to keep the nice black finish as long as possible and have a customer asking for it to be coated after I restore it. 

Thanks

12 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, No1SirButler said:

Hello

Can the Adams black trim restore be topped with the trim ceramic coating? Of course after proper curing. I would like to keep the nice black finish as long as possible and have a customer asking for it to be coated after I restore it. 

Thanks

Yes, it can.

What if your trim pieces aren't exactly black?  2002 F150 for reference...the bed rail caps to me don't seem quite black, as well as the piece around the back glass.  I'm guessing this will alter the color of something that's not truly black?

26 minutes ago, galaxy said:

What if your trim pieces aren't exactly black?  2002 F150 for reference...the bed rail caps to me don't seem quite black, as well as the piece around the back glass.  I'm guessing this will alter the color of something that's not truly black?

I asked pretty much the same about grey trim on an Xterra. @Dan@Adams said it would darken it, even to the point of actually changing the color. Because of that, I'm not doing the restorer on that car. I have done just the Trim coating and love the results. Remember, the restorer adds black pigment, so I would say yes, you run the chance of blackening it without wanting to.

Edited by falcaineer

On 4/13/2018 at 9:19 AM, galaxy said:

Good to know, thanks. My truck does have black trim in a few places, so I still have a use for it. I’ll just stick with VRT on the “grey” pieces.  

PM me and I'll share a place that has a grey trim restore product.