Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bottles not coming with red seal cap?

User12345

Question

Hi All,

Bought the limited edition detail spray on 4th of July sale and it leaked through the rest of things I bought, this was because the bottle didn't have the red safety seal cap under the bottle cap. Adam's customer service fixed me up with replacement no problems there. Haven't ordered any liquids in a while, Is this how they ship the bottles now? Had it had the red seal cap It would of been fine.

The replacement ones they sent also didn't have the red seal cap lucky they didn't leak..

Was this an oversight when bottling?

Curious to know if this is the norm.

4 answers to this question

Since the release of the Canada DS, (just prior to 4th of July) none of the Detail Sprays I received have had the red caps.  I'm also curious to know if this will be the norm moving forward.

Inquiring minds..................

I bought a St Patty's DS about a month ago and it came with red cap but the twist lid and red cap had fallen out so it spilled during shipment. I also bought the Cars n Coffee DS and they came without the cap but did not spill. I'm not sure if the red cap is an actual seal. I noticed the CnC DS had something inside the cap (foam, maybe?) and if it is closed properly, it won't spill. I don't know if earlier bottles had the foam inside the black cap or not but maybe that is the new way that the bottles seal. Less waste is good, right?

On 7/27/2018 at 5:25 PM, Editguy said:

Not sure if this is related but I sent an email asking if they would stock the red caps in the store for purchase for those of us that want to store long term and the reply back was basically no because they are redesigning the bottle tops to have a built in long term seal. 

Interesting.  I recently took products in my luggage (OK I packed a whole Action Packer full of supplies and checked it as my 2nd bag on Southwest) and placed the red caps inside the bottles & reused the shipping bottle caps to make sure everything wouldn't leak.