Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spider Web Removal

RayS

Question

The Wife and I spent the last week in the mountains with another couple and we took turns driving.  When it was my turn to drive, I always made sure the truck was prepared for the day and I ran into a problem - Spider Webs.  Every morning, the truck was covered with spider webs and they were very sticky.   Besides the point that I believe the spiders were either attracted to the shine or the Adam’s products themselves, they were a pain to remove.  My in laws van was not getting covered with spider webs.

I tried a single soft towel wipe, but the towel seemed to plug up and stop removing them, more like smearing them and I constantly flipped the towel to a fresh spot.  I also tried DS and that didn’t seem to do much either.  The cabin we stayed at was limited on resources and the truck was parked a good 100 yards away from the cabin, so I was pretty much limited to what I had in spray bottles.

I also know I am adding one item to my travel bag, a plastic razor blade. There was no avoiding parking under trees and I had tree sap on the truck.  I have used car shampoo and/or DS and a plastic razor blade to remove sap many times, I just never thought of adding a few to my travel kit.

Any ideas on the spider webs before the next trip to the mountains would be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Rich said:

Have you tried a sticky lint roller?  You know, one  of those that you peel off the layers?  I've tried that with success. Just roll it across the paint and webs.  Worked for me.  Use it before using anything else.   

I would not have thought of using a sticky lint roller at all, that is a good idea.  I know we are going to the mountains again, so I will add one to my travel bag and see how it works - Thank You @Rich