Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best Clay?

iono11200

Question

I have used Adam's Visco Clay Bar Kit for the last 2 years with good results. This year I've noticed Adam's Fine Grade Clay Bar. It is obviously cheaper and you get more product. I detail a 2016 White Tacoma and a 2016 RAV 4 every spring. Any one have any thoughts or ideas as to which is the better product for me? Thank You.

4 answers to this question

On 3/9/2019 at 9:42 AM, iono11200 said:

I have used Adam's Visco Clay Bar Kit for the last 2 years with good results. This year I've noticed Adam's Fine Grade Clay Bar. It is obviously cheaper and you get more product. I detail a 2016 White Tacoma and a 2016 RAV 4 every spring. Any one have any thoughts or ideas as to which is the better product for me? Thank You.

The difference you'll notice between the two grades of clay is how quickly you can remove contaminates. The trade off with clay is always a chance of leaving light marring behind. That being said the fine grade clay is less likely to leave marring behind but will not remove a large amount of contaminates quickly. 

So on a vehicle that doesn't get much build up of contaminates the fine is a great option. There's nothing wrong with the Visco kit you're using as long as you're using proper lubrication with it. It's just another choice as so many people have many different situations. Hope this helps!

58 minutes ago, Black Bowtie said:

I'm a fan of the clay mitt since I own bigger vehicles and can clay in a shorter amount of time. I don't think I will ever go back to clay bars.

:iagree: Love my clay mitt. Can't say I'll "never" use regular clay again, but the mitt is just so much faster and if you drop it, quick rinse with water and keep going. Highly recommended.