Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello From SAN Diego

Cwu21

Good Evening all, my name is Joe and I'm new to this forum and pretty new to Adams products. My pocket book has definitely gotten much lighter over the last couple months.  I have always loved washing and caring for my cars but never took it to a professional level. I'm hoping to learn from you guys to better hone my skills. I have been impressed so far with the Adams brand as a whole so far I am disappointed I didn't get any Cinco DS 😕 This weekend I plan on getting my feet wet in the paint correction process.  I have really neglected my wife's 19' Oddessy so gonna give it a whirl.. Wish me luck :)

Welcome Joe!

Be sure to budget plenty of time for the initial paint correction, and maybe even plan to only do a few panels at a time.  Oh, and do a 2 ft. x 2 ft. test section to make sure your process is dialed in.  No sense in just following the directions, but not really looking at the changes you are making in the paint before tackling the whole vehicle...ask me how I know!  

2 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Welcome Joe!

Be sure to budget plenty of time for the initial paint correction, and maybe even plan to only do a few panels at a time.  Oh, and do a 2 ft. x 2 ft. test section to make sure your process is dialed in.  No sense in just following the directions, but not really looking at the changes you are making in the paint before tackling the whole vehicle...ask me how I know!  

Thanks for the info, I plan on making this a weekend project. Doing panel panel, paint isn’t that bad so gonna start with mid grade compound first to see how it looks. 

13 hours ago, mc2hill said:

Welcome Joe!

Curious when paint correcting how many pads would you say you go through? Just curious how often I should be changing my pads out 

10 hours ago, Cwu21 said:

Curious when paint correcting how many pads would you say you go through? Just curious how often I should be changing my pads out 

Minimum would be 2 pads of each color.  If you can clean them lightly with a stiff brush after ever few panels, that will help remove the build up of spent polish and clearcoat in the pads.  For microfiber pads, they need to be cleaned after every panel (and swapped too, to reduce the heat build up).  Some change pads after every panel, so you don't loose any cut.

I use a lot of tape to keep the pads clean and undamaged.  I tape all rubber seals that could be touched, washer nozzles, black trim/moldings, and emblems.