Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question

12 answers to this question

First, welcome! Be sure to post your intro on the New Member forum to get welcomed properly...

To your question, here's a great article on product differences as well as layering. And before your read it, to summarize what you have, Paint Sealant and HGG are sealants. Buttery, Patriot and Spray Wax are waxes. Wash & Wax is actually silica-based, not carnauba, so more of a silica-infused product but can be used as a car shampoo for all the above. Brilliant Glaze can be used as a topper for all of them for extra pop.

Welcome Daniel!

I agree with Chris. 

Ultimately it depends on what you're trying to acheive. 

Some good Combinations would be:

1. Patriot Wax (contatins SiO2, should last several months)

2. H20 GG (use once a month - Make sure your bottle says "Hybrid Technology" on the front. This means it contains some SiO2 which should play nicely with the Patriot Wax)

3. Brilliant Glaze (Will only last a few days, if that. So pick and choose when you want that extra pop)

-Wash and Wash especially in this context as your shampoo here should work well with the SiO2 infused Patriot Wax and H20 GG. But it will also work well with the other combinations.

1. Paint Sealant (should last several months)

2. H20 GG (use once a month)

3. Brilliant Glaze (Will only last a few days, if that. So pick and choose when you want that extra pop)

1. Buttery Wax

2. Spray Wax (Every other week-ish)

3.Brilliant Glaze (Will only last a few days, if that. So pick and choose when you want that extra pop)

Another tip for BG - It works wonders when applied to the interior of glass. So use it on the interior of your windshield. It will last for months.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

It gets rid of the haze that can build up. You know if you’re driving towards the sunset or a street lamp at night, if you have some haze on the windshield the whole windshield will light up so that you can’t see out of it.

I’ll send you the video of Adam explaining it. 

i did it on my wife’s vehicle last night and the clarity is amazing today. It’s one of my favorite things to do.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

9 minutes ago, danielhaggitt19 said:

Alright cool, I've heard of people doing it before but wasn't sure what it did. Will it hurt if I get some BG on my tint strip?

No, you should be fine. If in doubt, try in a small, inconspicuous spot first (if possible).

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

No, you should be fine. If in doubt, try in a small, inconspicuous spot first (if possible).

If you relook at the video, the car Adam is in has a tint strip. He applies the product to the tinted portion as well.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:27 AM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

Welcome Daniel!

I agree with Chris. 

Ultimately it depends on what you're trying to acheive. 

Some good Combinations would be:

1. Patriot Wax (contatins SiO2, should last several months)

2. H20 GG (use once a month - Make sure your bottle says "Hybrid Technology" on the front. This means it contains some SiO2 which should play nicely with the Patriot Wax)

-Wash and Wash especially in this context as your shampoo here should work well with the SiO2 infused Patriot Wax and H20 GG. But it will also work well with the other combinations.

1. Paint Sealant (should last several months)

2. H20 GG (use once a month)

1. Buttery Wax

2. Spray Wax (Every other week-ish)

3.Brilliant Glaze (Will only last a few days, if that. So pick and choose when you want that extra pop)

Another tip for BG - It works wonders when applied to the interior of glass. So use it on the interior of your windshield. It will last for months.

What would happen if you put the brilliant glaze first and then buttery wax or something else

6 minutes ago, danielhaggitt19 said:

What would happen if you put the brilliant glaze first and then buttery wax or something else

Hi Daniel,

I've done it many times on vehicles with small imperfections since Brilliant Glaze will help hide them.  I did not notice any longevity difference by doing so either.  Of note, if you put BG over your wax it will give it an extra pop for a couple of days, but the extra pop is only a couple of days.   

4 hours ago, RayS said:

Hi Daniel,

I've done it many times on vehicles with small imperfections since Brilliant Glaze will help hide them.  I did not notice any longevity difference by doing so either.  Of note, if you put BG over your wax it will give it an extra pop for a couple of days, but the extra pop is only a couple of days.   

So would the brilliant glaze last as long as the buttery wax does?