Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Glass Coating

falcaineer

Question

3 minutes ago, 98BlackSierra said:

Is the Glass boost only formulated to use over the Glass Sealant or can it be used over the CGW as well? Or is that what the Part B wipe is for, to maintain?

I believe glass boost is only for glass sealant.

and I believe the new Ceramic Glass Wipes is meant to be maintained with the ceramic line products like Ceramic Waterless Wash and Wash+Coat, etc.

Edited by Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin

Does anyone know if this product will interfere with cameras/front crash detection equipment? I think some cars have cameras or sensors by the rear view mirror. I have someone with an Audi S6 that would like this added to an upcoming detail sesh. I want to make sure it won't cause any issues

I have had no issues with any similar protection products.

I haven't used the ceramic glass coating, but Glass sealant, H20GG, Detail Spray, Ceramic Spray Coating, Brilliant GLaze, Ceramic Waterless Wash, Wash+Coat, Wash and Wax, Ultra Foam, and Ceramic Boost are all the protection products I've used with no interference with my my safety system.

All this to say, I am not worried about this affecting my safety system.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:17 AM, 98BlackSierra said:

Is the Glass boost only formulated to use over the Glass Sealant or can it be used over the CGW as well? Or is that what the Part B wipe is for, to maintain?

On 9/26/2019 at 7:21 AM, Yo-Yo Ma's Cousin said:

I believe glass boost is only for glass sealant.

and I believe the new Ceramic Glass Wipes is meant to be maintained with the ceramic line products like Ceramic Waterless Wash and Wash+Coat, etc.

Glass Sealant can be used, so I assume Glass Boost can, too, but they aren't optimal. See below for more...

To maintain the Ceramic Glass Coating, you have a few options:

Option 1: Once a month, clean your glass with a Green Glass Towel and the supplied Glass Cleaner. If performing a routine wash, dry your vehicle as usual with your favorite drying aid. The use of Detail Spray or Spray Wax is okay, however, it is recommended to utilize ceramic-infused products such as Ceramic Boost or Ceramic Waterless Wash.  

Option 2: For extra care and added hydrophobic properties, revitalize the surface with Ceramic Spray Coating quarterly with a Microfiber Applicator and Double Soft Towel. The use of this product allows the glass coating to maintain a slick finish and lower amount of surface tension, allowing the water to roll away for a safer driving experience.  

Option 3: For extended longevity of the current coating, reapply a secondary wipe of Part B quarterly for maximized results. When applying, ensure the glass is clean prior to application using Glass Cleaner and a Green Glass Towel.  

45 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Glass Sealant can be used, so I assume Glass Boost can, too, but they aren't optimal. See below for more...

To maintain the Ceramic Glass Coating, you have a few options:

Option 1: Once a month, clean your glass with a Green Glass Towel and the supplied Glass Cleaner. If performing a routine wash, dry your vehicle as usual with your favorite drying aid. The use of Detail Spray or Spray Wax is okay, however, it is recommended to utilize ceramic-infused products such as Ceramic Boost or Ceramic Waterless Wash.  

Option 2: For extra care and added hydrophobic properties, revitalize the surface with Ceramic Spray Coating quarterly with a Microfiber Applicator and Double Soft Towel. The use of this product allows the glass coating to maintain a slick finish and lower amount of surface tension, allowing the water to roll away for a safer driving experience.  

Option 3: For extended longevity of the current coating, reapply a secondary wipe of Part B quarterly for maximized results. When applying, ensure the glass is clean prior to application using Glass Cleaner and a Green Glass Towel.  

good info! Thanks falc!