Customer Service 866.965.0400

Would you consider a black car as a DD?

Marylander

My 02 Sport Trac is a DD and is black. I thought about it long and hard before buying it but in the end I've always wanted a black car to detail.

My Corvette is silver so it NEVER looks bad - but black, well, that's a beast all it's own.

I settled on a black truck though because when it's clean, it's gorgeous.

My 02 Sport Trac is a DD and is black. I thought about it long and hard before buying it but in the end I've always wanted a black car to detail.

Honestly, the idea of taking it on as a detailing challenge is actually kind of appealing. But I just wonder if that grows old after a while.

My wife has had a black 2 door Yukon GT and a black Malibu Maxx as daily drivers. It's a chore keeping them clean for her, but she's worth it (and she's not even standing here watching me type! LOL) Anyhow, she's a great driver, no dings or accidents so I didn't mind the black DD, but it was a chore.

Her current DD is a dark blue TBSS, so not much easier to keep clean.

Bruce

My G8 is my daily driver and it's black. I told my fiance that she's NOT getting a dark car. She doesn't know what it takes to keep one looking nice. Not pristine but just nice. Silver or white it is...

I bought my truck for a DD, knowing it needed painted. I could have done it any color, but I still went with black. Looks way good when its all clean, but its hard to keep it that way for long with all the rain here, especially living on a gravel road with no indoor parking. I washed it before I left for spring break, and had to wash it again when I got back because it got so dirty just sitting in the driveway. Any tiny dents stick out like a sore thumb too. You just have to be nice to it, not treat it like your old beater garbage-hauler truck.

Besides, black is good practice because it's so easy to see every little defect.:pc:

All the time I've spent working on my black DD (see sig) when it came time to get the wife a new ride white was the choice. Theres no way I'd have enough time to pamper 2 black vehicles.

Dylan, that SS just looks amazing. I'm in awe every time I see your pics. :bow:

Rich

In WA a black DD is pretty much crazy to have :help:with the rain. White or silver. Red is OKAY...:lolsmack:

Same situation here. There are a few crazies, like myself, but most go with an easier color. I see a lot of that light tan/champagne color. My neighbor and best friend's dad both have a similar color, and even after months of not washing, you can barely tell their rides are dirty unless you find a clean spot.