Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams sk pro 15mm vs rupes , flex , griots etc

JVB3

Question

Looking for a 15mm polisher as a personal use machine. . I enjoy adams products and have had great results with them. With a polisher I cannot find many reviews on the sk pro and it seems many suggest the rupes,  flex or griots g15. Does anyone have any video review or input on the sk pro as compared with others? I like the extra length cord but I feel the light will be tough to use in its position .

11 answers to this question

For personal use the Adam’s SK is the best bang for the buck. 

We use Rupes polishers, but we use them pretty heavily. We have seven of them hanging on the walls and they haven’t failed us. We do keep brushes on hand and backing plates. We haven’t replaced brushes on any of them yet, but they’ve all been through backing plates...a lot. But we go through pads like crazy too and are constantly changing them and then cleaning them. So the Velcro just wears out. 

I think the Adam’s SK is the best bang for the buck for a consumer user. 

I appreciate that. Rupes seems to be the most recommended by professionals . I do not

mind paying top dollar for a good product. But seems like you can get great results out of the more budget friendly options. I just do not want to end up dissatisfied with my choice. “Buy once cry once” 

13 minutes ago, JVB3 said:

I appreciate that. Rupes seems to be the most recommended by professionals . I do not

mind paying top dollar for a good product. But seems like you can get great results out of the more budget friendly options. I just do not want to end up dissatisfied with my choice. “Buy once cry once” 

I’m in the same boat. Trying to figure out which one to purchase. 

Honestly if you’re just doing your own stuff, the Adams is great. It’s similar to a Rupes and they stand behind the product. 

Not that Rupes doesn’t stand behind it, but you pay significantly more for it. If money is no factor in the decision, Rupes are fantastic machines for any user. Private or business.

But if you’re looking at the wallet, you can’t go wrong with Adam’s. 

9 hours ago, JVB3 said:

Thanks everyone. 
As for the adams compound and the adams scratch and swirl Is there an advantage to one over the other on a machine or is one a heavier buffing compound? 

Our Compound replaced both CP & HCC. With our new system we went from 3 steps down to two steps with the same or better results.

2 hours ago, Chris@Adams said:

Our Compound replaced both CP & HCC. With our new system we went from 3 steps down to two steps with the same or better results.

So the scratch and swirl (orange) is not needed with your new 2 step (blue and white) . Use the blue compound instead of scratch and swirl? 

14 minutes ago, JVB3 said:

So the scratch and swirl (orange) is not needed with your new 2 step (blue and white) . Use the blue compound instead of scratch and swirl? 

That’s correct use Compound with Blue pads ( MF & Foam) and White Polish with white foam pad.

I have not used the SK Pro, but I did bought the Mini about two years ago.  Despite some oil leakage from the polisher, it is still going strong.

In terms of other polishers, I do have the Griots Boss G21 - smooth and powerful and Flex 3401 - powerful and versatile.

I am actually considering buying a 15mm and the SK Pro is definately on my list. 

Edited by EPHIOS