Customer Service 866.965.0400

cleaner amount in CS3

enoch7fa

Question

I was wondering if anyone knew if the cleaner amount in CS3 is more or less than what is in Ceramic Waterless Wash?  if the cleaner amount is less than what is in CWW then it is not superior to me.  the main purpose of a type of CWW is to first to clean and second to support the ceramic coating.  there are too many ways to boost a ceramic coating for the CS3 to be week on cleaning.  not bumping it just saying.  I tried it for the first time and I liked it because of the ceramic effect but just wondered if the cleaning properties were good before I dropped CWW.

3 answers to this question

On 4/29/2020 at 12:38 AM, enoch7fa said:

I was wondering if anyone knew if the cleaner amount in CS3 is more or less than what is in Ceramic Waterless Wash?  if the cleaner amount is less than what is in CWW then it is not superior to me.  the main purpose of a type of CWW is to first to clean and second to support the ceramic coating.  there are too many ways to boost a ceramic coating for the CS3 to be week on cleaning.  not bumping it just saying.  I tried it for the first time and I liked it because of the ceramic effect but just wondered if the cleaning properties were good before I dropped CWW.

From what i understand its the CWW but better so ill go on and say the cleaning properties are the same if not better as well as the protection is better. They wont put out the amount of sio2 in the product , however my guess is that its more than CWW and less that Boost. So if i had to guess about 11-13% range. 

CS3 and Ceramic Waterless are indeed similar products, but they do have their differences. To clear up some confusion, both can be used on coated and non-coated vehicles alike.

Ceramic Waterless was initially made to serve as a ceramic-infused waterless washing and maintenance product, fitting in with the rest of the white bottle ceramic line to keep things together and easy to understand, more advanced than our normal product line if you will. CS3 was released a few months back as a very easy to use product for the consumer/hobbyist that might just be getting their feet wet with ceramic products. This is why we put it in the normal product line label, along with Ceramic Spray Coating - I think that anyone that has used either product will agree that they are much easier to use than applying a full 2-3+ year ceramic coating 🙂

You can think of Ceramic Waterless as being a Waterless Wash with ceramic-infused protection in it, almost like Waterless Wash + Ceramic Boost = Ceramic Waterless. To answer Cedric's initial question (sorry I missed this thread when he posted it last week), CS3 has just as good cleaning and protection, but it also has shine enhancement too. So you can think of it as Waterless Wash + Ceramic Boost + Detail Spray/Brilliant Glaze = CS3. These are not the actual combination of chemicals or makeup of the products, but this is the easiest way to explain them using comparisons. You are not losing any cleaning ability as a trade-off for increased shine - my SS had more than light dirt a few weeks ago from a rainstorm and I cleaned it with CS3 just to see if it could handle it. In my mind I wanted to at least do a Two Bucket Wash, but it was too cold outside. I used I believe 5 Blue Waterless Wash Waffle Weave Towels and they got filthy, but the car turned out great. I took the Color Match LED Light to it afterward and noticed no increase in swirl marks anywhere (there are a few swirls in some key areas of my car right now since I purposely haven't done much to it other than wash, boost, and CS3 all winter to see how the UV Ceramic Spray Coating would hold up). Three or four of the towels were used for lifting dirt, and the fifth towel was used to dry and make sure there was no streaking. I folded them in half 3 times, giving 12 working 'sides' per towel.

As a side comment in regards to percentages, some may get caught up in the numbers (I'll admit that I do sometimes too), or think that the higher the percentage of a chemical such as SiO2, the better the product (Ex: "This product has X% but this one has Y% - it has to be better!"). Yes, it might mean a little more durability, hydrophobic behavior, etc; however, just increasing the percentage higher and higher can also make a product more difficult to work with - streaking, smearing, and so on. There is a lot of chemistry and testing involved, and for a product like a waterless wash that we want to work safely and easily, making it a very high percentage may not always be the best option 👍