Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic wheel coating chrome trailer wheels???

Srt-cummins

Question

I’ve been looking at the ceramic wheel coating for my truck for a while now but was curious if it was recommended or a good idea to use it on a new set of chrome trailer wheels we just picked up. We want to keep them looking great for a long time but obviously being on a trailer it won’t see regular use and spends lots of time sitting at our house. We only use it when we go on trips with our cars or like this summer we are helping my aunt move from Illinois to Florida. If it is recommended do we put a good coat of chrome polish on them first and then coat over that or does the surface have to be free of all over polished? Also it won’t dull the appearance of the chrome will it? Any help is appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Sure you can!  Adam's UV Ceramic Wheel Coating protects  and is safe for all kinds of wheel finishes from Chrome, to paiinted, to powder coated, and even raw aluminum.  Works on Anodized and polished wheels too.  

One too I'll add, thanks to @Dan@Adams, is if you polish them first to not apply the coating immediately. After you use Surface Prep, give it a few hours or even next day as the polish may resurface, and if coated, will appear like a haze underneath. Remove that residue, then you should be good.

11 hours ago, Srt-cummins said:

Ok, appreciate the feedback. We want them to look good and be protected as long as possible. Thanks..

Wheel Coating is your best bet, then! Take some pics, before and after, so, we can see your work.

What is the best wait time for wheels between the coating and the boost?   Is it 12-24 hours like I have read on the paint coating?  Is shorter, or longer have better results?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, cskipgo said:

What is the best wait time for wheels between the coating and the boost?   Is it 12-24 hours like I have read on the paint coating?  Is shorter, or longer have better results?  Thanks!

Give it 24 hours, as well. The longer the better so it fully cures first.