Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene and ceramic waterless

Jlinn1989

Question

I will be graphene coating my truck but I have a gallon of ceramic waterless wash that I use as a drying aid.  Once the truck is graphene Coated, can I continue to use the ceramic waterless until I use it all up or should I just switch directly to the new graphene detail spray?

5 answers to this question

I’ve stated this before, but I’ve always been confused why anyone uses or need a drying aid on a ceramic coated vehicle.  When I sheet the water off mine after a wash, there’s nothing left to dry.  You end up doing more rubbing and touching the paint to remove the drying aid than you do touching up whatever water may be sitting around.  

only thing I can think of is folks are not sheeting the water off after they’re done washing.  

if you’re not already used to ceramics, I think you’re gonna be surprised by how little water is left on the surface.   

15 hours ago, galaxy said:

I’ve stated this before, but I’ve always been confused why anyone uses or need a drying aid on a ceramic coated vehicle.  When I sheet the water off mine after a wash, there’s nothing left to dry.  You end up doing more rubbing and touching the paint to remove the drying aid than you do touching up whatever water may be sitting around.  

He did say he had a gallon of the stuff, so why not?

Isn't the ceramic in the WW supposed to add/enhance to the coating anyways?

Sure. And you are correct. My hang up is not about the compatibility of the product, but to not rub on the paint any more than necessary.  It’s just an unnecessary step on a coated car IMO. Nothing more. 

Edited by galaxy