Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene ceramic coating

buffalobob920

Question

Having a problem with this product did all the prep work strip wash decontaminated the paint windows and plastic used surface prep then installed the coating used the uv light to make sure it was coated and then kept it out of the weather for 24 hours when after about a week I washed the car it was full of pollen washed it with graphene shampoo when rinsing the car there was no beading the water was just flat after the wash I noticed that it was beading and now it was raining and the whole roof of the car is again flat no beading kinda stumped 

14 minutes ago, rrmccabe said:

I think time is the big thing. I have had issues as well and I think I ended up with about  6-8 minutes on my vehicle before it was ready. Seems its better gauged by how grabby its starting to get than by the time.  I think its pretty easy to wipe on and wipe completely back off.

As a matter of fact I had a failed Adams ceramic job that I am pretty sure was caused by that. 

But I will say, once you get the graphene down correctly its amazing.

I’m waiting for them to ship it I know the best way to reapply it is to strip wash polish probably a two step process and panel wipe and surface prep 

11 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

I think time is the big thing. I have had issues as well and I think I ended up with about  6-8 minutes on my vehicle before it was ready. Seems its better gauged by how grabby its starting to get than by the time.  I think its pretty easy to wipe on and wipe completely back off.

As a matter of fact I had a failed Adams ceramic job that I am pretty sure was caused by that. 

But I will say, once you get the graphene down correctly its amazing.

What do you recommend on removing the coating should I just go with a one step polish with the one step pads or should I be more aggressive 

7 hours ago, The Guz said:

You would be fine with one step and even a polishing pad.  Give it a go with one step and the one step pads.  That is more than enough to remove it. 

Thanks I will keep you posted I didn’t receive my new kit yet and this week I’m going for knee surgery I tore my meniscus so I will be laid up for a couple of weeks 

10 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Thanks I will keep you posted I didn’t receive my new kit yet and this week I’m going for knee surgery I tore my meniscus so I will be laid up for a couple of weeks 

Get well soon!

9 minutes ago, buffalobob920 said:

Thank you 🙏 

I did both of my new vehicles in the last 3 weeks. One with Graphene Ceramic coating and one with Graphene spray coating. First wash with both was 5 days after application with the new Graphene soap. No issues at all with beading on either. Rained today and still heading like crazy.

I know you already know this is how it’s supposed to work. Just pointing out that you aren’t crazy as I followed your same steps.

1 hour ago, Silverbugeye said:

I did both of my new vehicles in the last 3 weeks. One with Graphene Ceramic coating and one with Graphene spray coating. First wash with both was 5 days after application with the new Graphene soap. No issues at all with beading on either. Rained today and still heading like crazy.

I know you already know this is how it’s supposed to work. Just pointing out that you aren’t crazy as I followed your same steps.

Yeah the only thing that I can think of the bottle was on the shelf to long or I didn’t shake the bottle or I wiped it to soon 

6 hours ago, buffalobob920 said:

Just as an update after washing the car with Adams graphene shampoo it’s been beading did not put another coat just washed it it might have been the heavy pollen on it but anyway it’s doi what it’s advertised to do 

I agree!

The Graphene Shampoo is amazing! Especially if your car/truck has already been treated. I highly recommend.