Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ik Multi TR vs HC TR trigger sprayers...

TGHaworth

Question

So, I'm trying to figure out which chemicals are safe for which sprayers!

In general, how do I know if a chemical has hydrocarbons?  What types of chemicals have them, typically?

Can I have a few examples of Adam's products that should be used in the TR HC sprayers?

Cheers!

11 answers to this question

Interesting, I’ve noticed that the Bug Remover and the W&T Cleaner come in a hazy/opaque bottle instead of the regular clear bottle.

Ideally, would the regular Wheel Cleaner or regular Tire/Rubber Cleaner be used in the HC bottle as well?

Edited by TGHaworth

30 minutes ago, TGHaworth said:

Interesting, I’ve noticed that the Bug Remover and the W&T Cleaner come in a hazy/opaque bottle instead of the regular clear bottle.

Ideally, would the regular Wheel Cleaner or regular Tire/Rubber Cleaner be used in the HC bottle as well?

The WC and T&R don't eat the clear plastic bottles like the BR and W&T do.

The listing on the site also recommend APC for the HC sprayer while it is retailed in the clear plastic bottle, so simply going by the bottle they are shipped in isn’t really a viable way to determine what products should be used in which sprayer.

5 hours ago, TGHaworth said:

The listing on the site also recommend APC for the HC sprayer while it is retailed in the clear plastic bottle, so simply going by the bottle they are shipped in isn’t really a viable way to determine what products should be used in which sprayer.

APC is now bottled in the HDPE bottles for the same reasons, it was eating through the clear ones.

But the infographics say no acids and limited alkalines in the HC version 😖

I know some of these chemicals we use are quite potent, and it’s really a shame that if we’re paying $13-$15 for a freakin spray bottle that nobody really has any clue what’s safe for which bottles.