Customer Service 866.965.0400

Window overspray

Resjudicata22

Question

Hey, quick question:  so I used all of my Graphene spray coating on my car and it looks great. However, I didn't cover my windows and I didn't even think I was overspraying or hitting the windows. So I let the car sit in my garage for 3 days and now, I went back to see the windows covered. 

What can I do to fix or remove the Graphene Ceramic Spray from my tinted windows now that I missed it?  

It looks like the windows are covered in spots and black dots. 

5 answers to this question

For the future, I would recommend spraying the applicator and not the vehicle itself with the coating.  If that is not how you got the overspray and got it by it bypassing the applicator, then I know exactly how that can happen, so now I turn away from the vehicle.

As for removing the coating from the window, it usually comes off pretty easy.  Use Adam's Glass Cleaner along with a microfiber towel and it should come off.  If that doesn't work, again with the Adam's Glass Clear, use a plastic razor blade.  If you don't have any plastic razor blades you can pick them up at any big box drug store and they very cheap.  Plastic razor blades are handy for getting tree sap, tar and other objects off paint, just make sure you use lube first.

As a last resort you can polish the overspray off just like you would on paint, just don't use anything harsh for a pad or product since window scratches are usually permanent.

2 hours ago, RayS said:

For the future, I would recommend spraying the applicator and not the vehicle itself with the coating.  If that is not how you got the overspray and got it by it bypassing the applicator, then I know exactly how that can happen, so now I turn away from the vehicle.

As for removing the coating from the window, it usually comes off pretty easy.  Use Adam's Glass Cleaner along with a microfiber towel and it should come off.  If that doesn't work, again with the Adam's Glass Clear, use a plastic razor blade.  If you don't have any plastic razor blades you can pick them up at any big box drug store and they very cheap.  Plastic razor blades are handy for getting tree sap, tar and other objects off paint, just make sure you use lube first.

As a last resort you can polish the overspray off just like you would on paint, just don't use anything harsh for a pad or product since window scratches are usually permanent.

Yep, 100%  I don't have any plastic razors; but I'll get some and try that. 

Re-activating with Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating then wiping away pretty quickly, or Brilliant Glaze and microfiber applicator pad could work. Polish and a microfiber towel should also work, too, just apply a few drops to the towel and work into the spots. Or use a machine polisher, blue foam pad and some Compound.

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Re-activating with Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating then wiping away pretty quickly, or Brilliant Glaze and microfiber applicator pad could work. Polish and a microfiber towel should also work, too, just apply a few drops to the towel and work into the spots. Or use a machine polisher, blue foam pad and some Compound.

I used up the Graphene, and I don't have any Brilliant Glaze; however, now might be a good time to buy 1 get 1 for me!

Definitely don't have a machine polisher, but that's next years wishlist item for sure!