Customer Service 866.965.0400

sacrificial layer on coating

Kevin Lague

Question

Hi i used adams advanced coating. I know that the best way to have to full power for the lasting are to let it cure for a couple of day. So my question is can i apply a sacrificial layer (graphene spray detail) or another product on the top to let it cure the ceramic graphene coating under this top layer. Also my tough are this layer can be apply if i need to get out the car on the rain without waiting 24h.

Thank's

11 answers to this question

24 hours is all that's needed to cure it.  So if there's a chance you don't have 24 hours available to wait for it to cure, then don't apply it. Wait till you do.  You don't want to put another product on top of it before it has cured. 

Welcome to the forum.:welcomebanner:

Agreed, wait the full 24 hours before any topper or potential exposure to moisture. Not doing so could result in the moisture curing in the coating, leaving spots that will need to be polished out. Also wait 5-7 days before washing.

1 hour ago, Kevin Lague said:

can moderator confirm this to be good ? 

All inputs above are accurate. To clarify @The Guz comments, you can add the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating after 1-2 hours from applying the traditional coating, but it's not a 2x protective layer. It would also need to cure, and best to still allow it all to fully cure 24 hours.

What really are your goals? 

Per Dan's write up.  

Allow the coating to cure indoors for the required minimum time frame.
a. Graphene Ceramic Coating: 24 hours

b. Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating: 4-6 hours or longer if possible

Per the product page 

1. Once fully leveled, allow the coating to fully cure for 24 hours, free from water, elements, or weathering.

If it's already been 24 hours, which it has been since your first post sure you said you had applied the coating, you can do whatever you'd like, including exposure to rain, adding toppers, etc. Since this is an Adam's forum, we will promote Adam's products and the benefits they provide. Use any of the Graphene or silica-infused products to maintain it.