Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Ceramic Spray Coating

TR6speed

Question

I have been using the UV Ceramic spray coating, but because the car is not driven much and is garage kept under a good quality car cover, I am sure the coating is still in good condition as far as protection goes.  So, I want to strip it and apply the Graphene Spray coating.  I believe all I really need to do is to use the one step polish and my Adams Swirl Killer buffer to remove the older ceramic coating.  Is that correct and is there a way to check and see if it has been removed prior to applying the new Graphene?

2 answers to this question

Polishing with One Step will remove it pretty easily. You can check water behavior on areas polished vs not, but know that water will bead on completely clean and polished clear coat, too. In the end, by following routine processes like you do were doing normal paint correction, it should remove it all.

Note, the UV tracer isn't a wear indicator but it might help some here, too.

6 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Note, the UV tracer isn't a wear indicator but it might help some here, too

I have found that if you use the light and the entire vehicle looks the same, then you probably got it all removed or it is gone from age.   If you missed an area, it usually shows up as being different under the UV tracer.  generally when I could find an area that needed more attention it was at least the size of a quarter or larger.   Once you get to the size of a hand it is pretty easy to see.