Customer Service 866.965.0400

Some advice or direction... :)

vm1971

Question

Hello gang! Been a while here... but all is well.

I will try to keep this short and sweet, and I hope I'm posting this in the right "area".

Basically, my previous dealership and I are still tight like family. Over a decade now.
Complete with job offers - but they're never quite on the mark or... they're just close enough, but no cigar - for a role that would work.

Well it's back on the table now. Not so much an offer, but...

They'd like me to think of a great way to bring the detailing in-house. New car prep, certified used, and maybe some unique jobs here and there.
My buddy's concern is "how". And, while I would do some hands on stuff and advise / train, he would want me to manage a small team and keep things moving. And of course, have full limitless budget to stock ADAMS products. I'm trying to roadmap / layout an idea and basic structure for him. I was hoping for some insight and guidance. I do this stuff on the side by myself, but we've been dancing around this for a while now – as far as taking it full time and being more of a manager. I know this is semi-vague but I didnt want to make this a 90000 word post.

Any input is appreciated! I'm really trying to make this work/help him finally be happy (and myself happy) with this possible position. Also, they pay WELL. Salaried. M-F. 8-5. Bennies. Vaca. Yes, its true. LOL. Thanks peeps...

ANY Input is appreciated.

V

2 answers to this question

You're going to have to talk to the "big guys" about what all is involved in becoming a dealer.  They're the ones who would be able to tell you if they will require a minimum amount of sales, any investment required by your company, etc.  Give them a call :

1-866-965-0400
MONDAY - FRIDAY
8AM - 5PM MST
SATURDAY
9AM - 2PM MST

If the dealer happens to be part of the GM Family, that is a different situation for purchasing the product since I go and pick up product from my local Chevy dealer.  

The one thing of caution that I'll provide you is that an unlimited budget means you get money as long as the business is making a profit.  Without a profit the business cannot survive, so you'll have manage the income/expense to profit ratio.  This isn't a bad thing and there is an expected initial outlay to will take time for the return on investment (ROI), the question to ask is what is the expected ROI and then the continued margin to ensure that it is feasible and achievable.