Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic question w/light swirl marks

Brewder

Question

OK... So two years ago, I applied a full Adams Ceramic Graphene coating to my car.  I did the full monte of prep work including one-step paint correction.  Car turned out AMAZING.  Fast forward 2 years. My car needed minor bumper repair and the body shop ran my car through their automatic wash when they were done.  Now my paint is covered in light scratch swirl marks... I was so mad at myself for not telling them "do not wash!".

Anyway.. I assume I need to re-polish my car to remove the swirl marks.  I have plenty of Adam's One Step polish left but I'm wondering if perhaps that's too aggressive?  What do the experts recommend?   Also, AFTER whatever polish steps I do.... does that imply it's time to re-coat the car?

//Brew

3 answers to this question

Hi Troy,

Sorry to hear about the body's shops error in judgement.  I had one of my ceramic coated vehicles that ended with a small area of light scratches and I was able to correct them with hand polish, followed by Ceramic Boost.  Once bother were completed, I couldn't tell where the scratches had been and the water beaded the same as before. 

I had another vehicle that had more that light scratches and since I couldn't get the scratches to go away with Hand Polish, I just stripped the entire vehicle and started over.

The only way to know if the Hand Polish and Ceramic Boost will be enough is to pick a test spot and try it.  

You will have to polish to remove the defects which will remove the coating.  Try a test spot with a polish and polishing pad.  Possibly one step with a polishing pad.  Panel wipe and then reapply the coating.  Been there with the bodyshop and it is not fun to correct.  

Perhaps try the new advanced version.