Customer Service 866.965.0400

What product to use on plasti dip bed cover

Midnight Z71

Question

I purchased a hard folding cover for my truck.  Once I got it home and cleaned it up I noticed it was in worse shape then I was lead to believe so I decided to plasti dip it.  The plasti dip looks ok, but is a little streaky.  I'm looking for recommendations for product I can put on that will make the streaks less noticeable, make it easier to clean, and maybe add a little bit of shine.

I tried graphene VRT and it looks a little better.  I may just add more coats.  I thought about tire armor, but I read in a different thread thet when that fails it cracks and I thought that would be a pain on such a large surface.

2 answers to this question

I have used the ceramic spray coating on plasti-dip multiple times and it works well and looks good if the plasti-dip looks good.   As for using plasti-dip on a on tonneau cover, I have not done that, but I have coated many hard and soft tonneau covers with Cermaic spray coating and Graphene coating.

I am confident that the Graphene coating will work with plasti-dip, but have not tried it yet.  As always, do a test spot before doing the entire cover to make it will look as you expect.