Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinse after wash with hose or pressure washer??

Marshall

Question

Just was curious about opinions within the community on how people like to rise their vehicles after a wash? Specifically, do you prefer to use a garden hose with or without a nozzle of some type? Do you prefer to use a pressure washer with a certain nozzle tip you prefer?

I washed my black '19 Denali last night and used my pressure washer with a soap nozzle tip to do the rinse. I was pleased somewhat but after using my foam cannon and megafoam, the foam was more challenging to remove from all crevices than with my garden hose and Eley spray nozzle.  Certainly the flow is greater with my garden hose and than the pressure washer. 

8 answers to this question

Before I had a pressure washer, I would use a hose and a spray nozzle of some sort.  I ended up getting an electric power washer to foam my car and rinse it off.  I prefer the pressure washer but the hose is quick and easy to do since I don't have to move a lot of stuff or set up much.  

They make different tips, maybe need to find a different tip that has more pressure to rinse because the pressure washer rinses fairly well.  

Houdini5150,

Thanks for the input! I definitely appreciate your point in the "quick and easy. Since I've got my pressure washer out to run my Adams Premium Foam Cannon, I just figured I'd try to rinse with it. Rather than unhooking the garden hose. I agree, I may need to try a different tip on the pressure washer. 

Falcaineer,

Good point on the less water being used aspect. I need to try my 40 degree tip on the next wash. I do my initial precast with my 25 degree tip. I've got a decent gas powered washer that's 3000 psi and 3.0 gpm I believe. 

RayS,

I've got the same exact nozzle from Eley as well. Plus a couple of their hose reels and their 5/8 hose. Great products! I just need to try my 40 degree tip on the pressure washer on the next wash and see how that does.

In regards to water pressure and volume from my 5/8 garden hose, I'm pretty good. Due to having a sprinkler system in my house I've got a 3 phase/220 volt constant pressure well pump. Capacity is around 26 gpm and I've got the pressure dialed in at 72 psi.  Also, when I did the rise of my truck the other night I used the soap tip and my stub gun that I use with the foam cannon.  Perhaps I need to use the gun with my lance and the 40 degree tip?  Once again, thanks to all for the feedback here! Most appreciated.