Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire and rubber cleaner leakage

01GreyStangGT

Question

Has anyone had trouble with the 16oz bottles of Tire and Rubber Cleaner leaking from the bottom? I had a bottle leak in my detailing cabinet and thought maybe the bottle had gotten old and leaked. I bought 2 more on my latest order and the brand new bottles are leaking out the bottom also. Any others having this problem? I transferred the product into an IK sprayer but this seems to be a problem.

4 answers to this question

20 hours ago, 01GreyStangGT said:

Has anyone had trouble with the 16oz bottles of Tire and Rubber Cleaner leaking from the bottom? I had a bottle leak in my detailing cabinet and thought maybe the bottle had gotten old and leaked. I bought 2 more on my latest order and the brand new bottles are leaking out the bottom also. Any others having this problem? I transferred the product into an IK sprayer but this seems to be a problem.

Not sure it means much, but my experiene does not mirror yours.  My son and I have had multiple bottles of Tire & Rubber Cleaner in our detailing cabinets for years, without a drop of leakage.

I'm not sure I've had it leak from the bottom but it seems like a lot of my chemicals drip from the sprayers in storage. It's kind of a mess when I pull everything out. Especially since I store most used products in trunk organizers. Do you have any of the heavier duty bottles that you could transfer to so you can see what happens with those? APC was originally sent in regular bottles but they were always leaking so it was moved to the better ones

On 6/2/2023 at 8:45 AM, Bscott94 said:

I'm not sure I've had it leak from the bottom but it seems like a lot of my chemicals drip from the sprayers in storage

I had the same problem for a while and found that if I always ensured that the sprayers were set to the Off position it eliminated 90% of the problem.  There were also some sprayers sent out during the supply problems that were below the normal Adam's quality level and I have since eliminated them.  If you have of the ones that easily swivel and just feel unstable, then if you get large changes in barometric pressure. 

In addition, I've found a couple bottles need to be kept in a climate controlled area to completely eliminate the dripping, Tire Shine is at the top of the list, followed by Spray Wax.